Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Engineer, Voice Conference
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
The Video Conference engineer will support all video and collaboration based services for the Sysco enterprise. Provide support to all stakeholders throughout the Sycso enterprise. Includes any technical support setup requirements and or any video conference guidance where needed with any endpoints within the enterprise or based cloud services. The engineer must be able to work with various teams to coordinate any video type productions (Town Halls), and have good customer service skills. Expections are to continue to stay current with new collaboration and related technology.
- Maintain core videoconferencing infrastructure, including bridges, gatekeepers, session border controllers, call manager aspects, collaboration suit, desktop clients, digital signage, Webex type services, and videoconference servers.
- Perform system installations and upgrades, and configure systems for the enterprise
- Provide support for videoconferencing services
- Monitor incident and request via a ticketing system (Remedy)
- Lead service restoration efforts and conduct root cause analyses
- Work with network engineers and Service Desk technicians to diagnose and resolve technical issues
- Develop and utilize tools to monitor audio and video quality across the network in real-time
- Create test plans, develop check list, document solutions, and work closely with internal Sysco customers
- Serve as a SME in the area of collaboration, digital signage, and Video
- Provide training as needed to the user community and all levels of management
- Perfrom or Coordinate with vendors patching, bug fixes, solutions analysis, product updates, designs, pricing and maintenance issues on a regular bases.
- Maintain all associated documentation, inventory, maintenance agreements, diagrams, and location tracking
- Assist with the preparation of the annual capital budget submission, as it pertains to videoconferencing core equipment, conference rooms, collaboration equipment, Services providors, etc.
- Research and investigate new products in the collobarion area
- Participate in change management process and represent changes per policy
- Insure that all systems are fully operational
- Work with Sysco remote locations to manage the life cycle management process
- Interoperbility with Cisco based Video and Cisco Call Managers
Education and / or Experience:
- Colledge degree or a minium of 5+ years of hands-on technical experience supporting videoconferencing services in large enterprise environments.
- Expert knowledge of both H.323 and SIP protocols.
- Working knowleged of Cisco’s collobration suite
- Expert knowledge of videoconferencing infrastructure including MCU’s (Tandberg/Codian, Cisco), H.323 gatekeepers, SIP registrars/proxies, Session Border Controllers and management/provisioning functions related to all types of infrastructure.
- Advanced knowledge of IP networking technologies (TCP, UDP, DHCP, DNS, QOS, WAN/LAN, VPN, VLAN, SIP, Switches/Routers, firewalls, NAT, etc.).
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, including instructional documentation and report creation.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects according to industry standard project management practices
- Demonstrated ability to research and integrate new technologies into current video conferencing infrastructure
- Ability to make recommendations on continuous improvements in support and development initiatives and facilitate implementation with partners and cross functional teams within business and IT
- Ability to communicate with all levels of customers
- Excellent virbal and writing skills
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Certification in networking (CCNA, CCNP or CCIE preferred) and videoconferencing (Tandberg and/or Polycom infrastructure and endpoints).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20-30 pounds.
- Minimal travel may be required to visit operating locations.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time