Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Company: Sysco International Food Group, Inc.
Zip Code: 32209
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
As the export specialty division of Sysco; IFG delivers expertise in product selection, services and value chain capabilities to customers in over 80 countries across the globe. Every day, US based restaurant chains ranging from fine dining to quick service rely on Sysco IFG to help deliver their brand and unique customer experience across the globe. With over 700 customers, we also export Sysco’s brands of products to numerous distributors in many of the countries in which we do business.
We make this all possible from our two dedicated export facilities - our 125,000 square foot facility in Plant City, Florida and our 200,000 sq. ft. facility in Jacksonville Florida. Our dedicated and diverse staff of over 250 associates coordinates daily to deliver on our promise of providing our customers with the best products, services and support in the industry. It is our commitment to this promise, as well as our knowledge of the global marketplace and our customers’ needs that has been the cornerstone of our success.
Today, International Food Group provides a complete end to end solution to your global supply chain needs.
We currently have openings for Checker.
This terrific opportunity is located at Sysco IFG's facility in Jacksonville, FL.
The primary purpose of the Checker is to support the outbound shipping department. Checkers are responsible for accurately verifying all outgoing product. This will include dates if applicable, quantities, correct pack size and description. All of this is done with compliance of Sysco’s Preferred Work Methods.
- Checkers will verify the order has been selected accurately by using sheets generated from SWMS. Checkers will then tag all outgoing pallets so a loader is signaled he can load. Once this is complete, Checkers will transfer all dates and information to warehouse pull sheet.
- Obtain Market Manager’s approval when product is short dated and notify Warehouse Supervisor.
- Cleaning and assisting in cleanliness of warehouse. Other Operations duties as assigned.
- Must have a High School Diploma or its equivalent.
- Must be able to effectively communicate (including reading, writing, and speaking) in English.
- Must have solid math skills.
- Must have very strong attention to detail.
- Must be Self-Motivated and hard work driven.
- Must have the ability to multitask.
- 6 months of general warehouse, auditing, accounting, or bookkeeping strongly preferred.
The Checker must be able to:
- Safely lift up to 50 lbs. often and up to 100 lbs. occasionally,
- Read at a distance close to eyes and at arm’s length, with or without correction.
- Stand for long periods of time, with frequent walking.
- 6 months experience with regular use of an electric single, double, or triple pallet jack is preferred.
The work load can vary significantly. Associates in this role must have the flexibility to work shifts that may include long hours and have varying shift start and end times.
****Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, material handling equipment and exposure to dust.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time