Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Company: Buckhead Meat of Charlotte
Zip Code: 28277
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Supervise warehouse personnel to ensure an efficient, accurate and orderly completion of the daily picking and loading of routes while maintaining a neat, orderly and sanitary warehouse environment.
Employees receive a copy of Buckhead Beef’s organizational reporting structure at time of hire. It is also posted in the break rooms.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Each employee is responsible for the food safety and quality of our products.
- Assign daily work load to warehouse personnel. Mapping of the daily routes to ensure proper legal weight limits. Supervise the picking and loading of routes insuring the accuracy of those orders.
- Ensure that all trailers are set to proper temperatures.
- Ensure building and trailers are secured at the end of the shift.
- Train and supervise employees in the preferred work methods.
- Perform a minimum of one ten minute safety meeting per week to include no less than ten coach cards.
- Assist the warehouse manager in the writing of employee performance reviews.
- Continually inform warehouse manager of potential problems and changes.
- Responsible for add-ons or deletions for daily routes.
- Ensure proper rotation of all product.
- Acts as back up to the warehouse manager.
- Maintain warehouse operation in accordance with company compliance standards.
- Maintain a level of warehouse cleanliness that will result in an excellent compliance audit score.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist warehouse personnel in their daily duties.
- Work with other department supervisors to ensure the completion of one PWM observation per employee per quarter.
- Monitor and maintain Gagnon productivity tracking system.
- Complete daily sanitation schedule.
- Compile daily productivity and reliability statistics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- To know and understand the company’s safety and health goals and the objectives. Assist the company in achieving these goals by participating in the safety program.
- Conduct periodic safety inspections of your dept and address any safety issues found immediately.
- Train and promote safe work practices and use observations to check on employee’s work habits. Use the company’s disciplinary policy to enforce safe work practices.
- Promote participation in the safety program to all employees.
- To ensure compliance with government compliance issues (such as OSHA, DOT, EPA and FDA) as directed by management.
- A high school diploma/GED plus 2 - 4 years warehouse work including forklift and pallet jack experience.
- PC, Microsoft Office programs, CRT, forklift and pallet jack
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
You must be able to read text that is close and at a distance with or without correction. In addition you must be able to perform manual tasks, hear, sit, reach, bend, and interact with others.
Activities occur both inside (protection from weather conditions but not temperature changes) and outside. Employee is subjected to extreme cold while supervising in the freezer. Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts and electrical current.
New Hire Training:
GMPs: Promoting Personal Hygiene
GMPs: Effective Hand Washing Techniques
Foodborne Illness & Employee Reporting
Preventing Food Contamination
Overview of HACCP
Basic Food Facility Security
Intro Food Safety Standards
Intro to Food Allergens
Overview of Dangerous E. Coli
Annual refresher training
DISCLAIMER: While all care has been taken in the preparation of this material, no responsibility is accepted by the Buckhead Beef for any errors, omissions or inaccuracies. The material provided in this resource has been prepared to provide general information only. It is not intended to be relied upon or be a substitute for legal or other professional advice. No responsibility can be accepted by Buckhead Beef for any known or unknown consequences that may result from reliance on any information provided in this publication.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time