Company: Buckhead Meat of Dallas
Zip Code: 75237
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Ensures, through management of personnel, the accurate receiving of products including checking that received products correspond with the number of cases, package size, and other descriptions of the product as listed on shipping order.
- Checks, inspects, examines and counts all products being unloaded for quality and quantity against Purchase Orders.
- Informs Warehouse management and Merchandising of any discrepancies on purchase orders.
- Documents all overages, shortages and damages.
- Ensures the accuracy of all paperwork and sign all necessary paperwork before releasing the truck.
- Works with the Lumper service to ensure timely unloading of trucks.
- Complete proper documentation for product traceability.
- Ensures that all receiving personnel follow all GMP’s and safety regulations.
- Manages the maintenance of the warehouse in an effort to reduce accidents and eliminate damage/loss to products and ensures that staff complies with the SYSCO policies concerning safety and security of receiving activities in an effort to reduce accidents and product loss.
- Enforces policies concerning security of warehouse.
- Basic reading and writing skills.
- One year experience in a warehouse.
- Experience using a forklift or electric pallet.
- Basic knowledge of meat preferred.
- Computer Skills required.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- SWMS knowledge preferred.
- Ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals.
- Commitment to work until job is completed.
- Interacts well with others. Good team player.
- Must be flexible to changing procedures/ priorities.
- Must be able to tolerate cold conditions.
- Must be quick and agile.
- Strong logical reasoning skills
- Strong understanding of safe work practices.
- Customer-service oriented
- Detail oriented.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
Ability to work in 30 degree temperature for long period of times
- Ability to stand long period of times.
- Ability to lift up to 100 lb. boxes.
- Bending and twisting when loading conveyor and/or packaging equipment.
- Ability to turn at the waist and place boxes on conveyor.
- Ability to read specification sheets that come down the line for different orders.
Standing, stooping and climbing are regular activities for this employee. Employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities. The ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate various processing and material handling equipment is necessary.
This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas of 30 degrees. These areas are cold and wet, and exposure to moving machinery and sharp objects are a regular occurrence. This is a high noise area.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time