Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Night Warehouse Laborer (Freezer/Cooler)
Company: Incredible Fish Inc.
Zip Code: 33165
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
The warehouse laborer – freezer personnel, under general supervision, performs several duties of responsibility involved in product selection or order preparation, inventory control, receiving, and/or problem resolution. Accepts and completes assignments provided by supervisors and ensures that work is performed in an accurate, timely and efficient manner. Operates warehouse machinery in compliance with company safety guidelines, policies and procedures. Conducts various duties related to the preparation, receipt, storage, inventory control, distribution and delivery of perishable foods, materials, and other goods in a refrigerated warehouse environment; and performs other related duties as assigned.
Accept and complete directives for the selection of customer orders and conclude all preparations for finalizing product deliveries
1. Identify and correct errors on completed orders that are not to specification.
a. All items must be properly labeled
b. All loose items must be properly packaged and repackaged if necessary.
c. All orders must be assembled on approved heat treated pallets and are not to exceed customer’s height requirements.
Accept and complete directives for the controlled stocking of all products received.
1. Monitor receiving area so that products are stocked in their correct locations.
2. No merchandise, perishable or otherwise is to be left on the dock.
3. Work with inventory control to ensure product and overstock are stored in proper locations in accordance with inventory control policies.
Identify and report damaged / unsalable product to the warehouse manager or direct supervisor for determination.
Ensure all safety rules are adhered to and all safety infractions are addressed.
1. Immediately report any safety infractions to the warehouse manager or your direct supervisor.
2. Safely operate forklift, lift-trucks, pallet jacks, dock and other warehouse equipment
Assist in end of day pallet staging, reviewing all pallet sheets are correct and attached to each pallet.
Assist in loading trucks for deliveries.
Assists in the loading and unloading of vendor’s trucks
Assists in the receiving and disbursing of supplies
Assists in inventory control and scheduled inventory of warehouse stock
Assists in keeping the warehouse clean
1. Clean and maintain work area.
Performs other related duties as assigned
Complete daily logs. [i.e. Dump Sheets; Cycle Counts]
Communicate effectively with warehouse manager, supervisors, and team members.
Turn off and lock out equipment when not in use. Set applicable machinery to re-charge.
Other duties as assigned by supervisory staff and management.
1. Assist logistics manager, other drivers, co-workers and management when necessary.
2. Other duties as assigned by supervisory staff and management.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Necessary licensing and or permits.
3. Manual dexterity required for operating machinery.
4. Ability to lift up to 100 pounds required.
Working conditions are normal for the delivery of freezer/grocery goods and services. Machinery operation requires appropriate licensing, necessary permits, the knowledge of driving safety standards in accordance with NHTSA and a clean driving record. Electronic devices [i.e. cellphones & iPods], and ear buds/earphones are strictly prohibited while operating any company vehicle.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time