Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Category Planner I
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Gulf Coast
Zip Code: 36340
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Responsible for achieve company inventory management goals for assigned products which includes but is not limited to: exemplary customer service, PO accuracy (cost, quantity, dates), minimal spoilage and shrink, and managing inventory to the lowest possible DSO Execute a replenishment strategy that supports supply chain efficiencies
- Manage Inventory DSO, aged inventory, obsolete inventory, spoilage and shrink to achieve corporate goals
- Manage and process purchase orders in compliance with corporate guidelines
- Maintain PO product and freight cost accuracy Manage forecasting and demand planning for customer events, business shifts, and seasonality changes
- Collaborate with product support advisors, suppliers, brokers, and sales teams.
- Work with logistics team to maximize supply chain efficiencies
- Work with operations to develop programs to maximize efficiencies in receiving and warehousing
- Manage OpCo level SKU count and resolve replenishment issues as required
- Manage returns to suppliers and supplier inventory allowances
- Follow and react to market conditions within established corporate and market guidelines
- Manage forecasting and demand planning
- Execute and support product recalls as required
- Execute enterprise purchasing initiatives
- 1+ year professional business experience or relevant Bachelor’s degree in lieu of experience. Purchasing/merchandising experience preferred.
- Experience working within a retail, wholesale or distribution environment
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of degree sufficient to successfully perform essential job functions.
- Strong excel skills
- Purchasing/merchandising experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders across the enterprise
- Strong attention to details and follow up
- Proactive attitude to highlight and address issues as they arise
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to understand/execute standard replenishment processes and best practices
- Strong tactical replenishment execution skills & understanding of product forecasting
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers to execute the inventory depletion process
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time