Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Regional HRBP - FreshPoint
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 10 +
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
As a member of the FreshPoint senior leadership team, the Regional Human Resources Business Partner works strategically with leadership to execute successfully local and corporate initiatives within FreshPoint. The Regional HRBP is involved with key initiatives and ensuring such initiatives are aligned with business objectives and the overall Sysco HR agenda.
FreshPoint is North America’s largest exclusively owned produce distributor. We have the line authority to hold our companies accountable to a high level of customer service. With unmatched fresh produce, knowledge and experience, FreshPoint provides today’s chefs with the ingredients to create tomorrow’s culinary success. FreshPoint is also a wholly owned subsidiary of Sysco. Sysco is a 60 billion dollar, industry leading, global food and beverage distribution company, employing hundreds of thousands of employees worldwide and home to the 13th largest sales organization in the world.
This position will sit at the Sysco Corporate office located in Houston, TX and will require travel 50% of the time throughout the US and Canada.
- Leadership Development: Partner with senior management to identify and proactively develop talent through formal training, mentoring, coaching, and “stretch” assignments.
- Participate in succession planning to ensure talent is available and ready to assume positions of greater responsibility at both FreshPoint and elsewhere at Sysco.
- Performance Management: Oversee the performance management process and work with FreshPoint leaders to build a culture of ongoing performance feedback and coaching. Provide training and consultation as necessary.
- Talent Acquisition: Work with FreshPoint leaders to create and maintain workforce staffing plans. Coordinate recruiting efforts with Sysco Business Services (where applicable) to ensure that competent, diverse, and skilled workers are hired and workload levels are appropriate and maintained, and work to minimize turnover.
- Training: Oversee the execution and delivery of all local training for all associates. Deliver leadership training for all FreshPoint leaders on various HR topics, including ethics, labor laws, policies, and procedures. Oversee administration of Sysco Interactive University programs as well as Sysco’s STEP program.
- Compensation and Benefits: Oversee execution of compensation and benefits strategies, policies, procedures, and programs. Communicate all benefit and compensation programs to associates.
Labor Relations (in Union locations): Respond to grievances, review disciplinary programs, conduct investigations, prepare for arbitrations, and participate in union contract negotiations.
- Employee Relations: Ensure positive associate relationships and a culture of openness, candor and collaboration.
- Provide coaching and guidance to FreshPoint leaders and associates regarding employment issues in such areas as policy and procedure interpretation/application, dispute resolution, corrective action, leaves of absence, harassment, and terminations.
- Facilitate the Sysco Speaks Associate Survey efforts in FreshPoint.
- Analyze findings and review trends with senior management and recommend actions to ensure positive organizational changes.
- Compliance: Review, interpret, administer and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws, and company policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain the FreshPoint’s Affirmative Action Program (where applicable), complete required Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) reporting and ensure Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) compliance. Perform investigations and prepare written responses to EEOC claims, unemployment claims, etc.
- Safety: Support the installation, maintenance and continuous improvement of the process and strategies of Vision Ø, Sysco’s Behavioral & Compliance Safety program. Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws as well as company policies and procedures.
- Direct resources and activities to support a culture of prevention awareness and accountability across the organization.
- Support the development of Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) plans to meet operational goals to reduce accidents, injuries and incidents.
- HR & Safety Team: Provide day-to-day direction and support to HR and Safety staff including proactive guidance, troubleshooting support, and issue escalation
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree with major or emphasis in Human Resources, Business Administration or a closely related field
• 10+ years of HR experience in the design, development, and execution of HR strategies and tactics
• Experience managing an HR Team, vendor relationships, and budgets
• Strong consultahaha!tive, presentation, and business communication skills
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) Professional Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) certification preferred
• Systems Applications and Products (SAP) experience preferred
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
Emotional Intelligence: Being aware of your impact and how you are perceived by others, and demonstrate an understanding of how others react and why.
• Speaking & Speech Clarity: Talking to others to convey information effectively and the ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
• Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions
• Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
• Oral Comprehension: Listening to and understanding information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Written Comprehension: Reading and understanding information and ideas presented in writing.
• Communication: Communicating information (both orally and written) and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
• Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• Negotiation: Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
• Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Deductive Reasoning: Applying general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
• Implications Thinking: Perceiving when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
• Fluency of Ideas: Coming up with a number of ideas about a topic (the number of ideas is important, not their quality, correctness, or creativity).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies.
• Must be able to utilize office equipment such as desktop/notebook computers, copiers, printers, scanners, telephones, and calculators.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Must be able to work in various indoor and outdoor climates and driving conditions.
FreshPoint is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and is committed to hiring a diverse workforce (M/F/Disabled/Veteran)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time