Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director of Field Safety
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Corp Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 10 +
Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE: Director of EHS will be responsible for executing the corporate vision for EHS across the US, building a compelling case for change and the underlying business case needed to secure local Operating Company (OpCo) management commitment. Build and lead a high performing team in support of corporate, market and local OpCo business objectives. Create EHS tools, processes and strategy at the US (business unit) level which are funnelled through the Market Safety Sr. Managers and executed by the local OpCo safety leaders. Corproate EHS functions include but are not limited to: Employee Safety, Environmental Management, OSHA compliance and Fleet Safety. Ensure that Market Safety Leads effectively collaborate and contructively engage with key internal stakeolders to allow seamless implementation of EHS programs, polices and standards at the local OpCo level thereby achieving corporate EHS goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership, direction and oversight of the strategic vision and initiatives to achieve consistency with EHS programs across the US Sysco Companies.
- Ensure Company compliance of Federal and State EHS regulations (via Market Sr. Safety Managers and local OpCo Safety leaders).
- Design safety methods to drive a world class safety culture.
- Partner with others to develop/maintain requirements of other areas in Enterprise Risk Management. (Insurance, Claims, DOT/DQ, Occ Health, Emergency Prepardeness and Crisis Management.
- Develop a team of high performing Market Safety Sr. Managers to ensure the execution of the corporate EHS strategy at the local OpCo’s by the local Safety leads
- Develop and implement Safety performance standards, process and measurable objectives for Market and local OpCo Safety professionals to meet corporate goals.
- Develop standardized, actionable safety metrics and communication protocols for the Executive, Market and local OpCo leadership teams to drive safety improvement.
- Create a network of internal (corporate Legal, Human Resources, Labor, Supply Chain Services, Compliance and Risk Services) and external alliances to gain support and buy-in on Safey policies, programs, procedures, standards, training, and processes.
- Stay current on potential, pending, and current legislation that may impact the Sysco US EHS program. Communicate regulatory changes to the organization, recommending changes to result in compliance and provide technical expertise when needed.
- Create synergy and leverage the knowledge, personnel, and resources of the Environmental, Health, Safety, Transportation, Claims, Insurance, Distribution, Facilities and Human Resources Teams.
- Develop corporate-wide training programs to be used at the local OpCo level. Follow the established charter/field ready process from executive support through to tool kits to be used at associate level.
- Track company wide progress on the accident prevention/abatement program through detailed analysis of injury and accident trends, loss analysis & trending, and investigation compliance.
- Collaborate with Federal and State officials to resolve any compliance or practice violations.
- Build relationships with Fedeal and State officials to ensure Sysco EHS programs are
- Direct and coordinate implementation of safety process at “fold-out” & new acquisition operations.
- Evaluate services and programs to reduce loss, recommending & implementing programs for improvement.
- Conduct performance reviews and salary administration of assigned direct reports.
- Assist with the hiring of local OpCo safety and transportation safety professionals.
- Collaborate with EHS leaders in different business units of the world.
- Other duties as assigned by the VP of Enterprise Risk Management.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's Degree is strongly required for this positon with major course work in Environmental, Health and Safety, Risk Management, Business, Supply Chain or a closely related field. EHS or related professional certifications desirable. ISO 14001/OHSAS 18001 knowledge and practice highly valued.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of behavioral safety; business management practices, personnel practices, administrative practices, financial management and budgeting, and related legal responsibilities; principles and practices of supervision, including assigning, evaluating and modifying work; functions and processes of executing programs; content and formatting of reports and presentations.
- Strong knowledge of applicable OSHA, EPA and DOT regulatory requirements
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- 15+ years of EHS program management experience. Experience of more than 5 years at a corporate level with staff management responsibility.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) designation required and other professionally recognized certifications in the safety, risk management related field are highly desirable.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Strong background in Environmental, Health and Safety Management Systems and Federal/State Regulatory Compliance with a proven record of results, having at least 15 years of program management experience.
- Ability to work with Global EHS leaders and be flexible to diversity of EHS programs.
- Strategic and critical thinking ability with attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast paced, change oriented team environment.
- Excellent analytical skills and interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with all levels of senior management, supervision and employees.
- Actively drives performance and vehemently strives to strategically solve problems and follow projects through to completion.
- Excellent leadership and team building skills, able to influence decision makers.
- Strong organizational, management and employee development skills.
- The ability to drive a strong safety philosophy and implement programs designed to effectively change behavior and prevent injury.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to gain cross functional support to achieve safety goals.
- Skilled in the use of a variety of PC software, including all Microsoft products.
- A high level of effective inter-personal communication skills, verbal and written.
- Effectively using time and resources to accomplish overall initiatives and program goals.
- The ability to analyze and independently solve a variety of difficult situations and problems.
- Works independently with little direction.
- Displays understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for diversity in work environment, to include: socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disabilities and sexual orientation.
- Adapts well to and initiates change in the organization.
KEY INTERNAL/EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
- Interpersonal Contacts: This position will have a wide range of contact with all levels of employees, from hourly staff to the Corporate Executive level. Will be a point of contact for operating company management, customers, law enforcement, regulatory and legal entities.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, drive and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- This position will be officed in the corporate Houston facility.
- Must be able to travel to Sysco facilities or OpCo’s up to 50% of the time.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time