Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Company: Sysco Charlotte
Zip Code: 28027
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 4
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This is a Finance position responsible for performing and supporting the daily accounting activities as well as supporting activities in all other departments in an operating company. The position is in place at SUS companies but is not in place in SAP operating companies. The position supports the Finance Manager and CFO.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting to the operating company management team to enable them to make timely and accurate decisions. Analyze the data and provide feedback to management teams
- Interact with the SBS accounting team to ensure journal entries are performed accurately and timely. Provide documentation to the SBS team on a timely basis
- Interact with the SBS accounting team to ensure reconciliations are accurate and performed timely
- Manage the sales tax process, fuel tax filings, licensing requirements, 1099 tax, and other daily activities in conjunction with all other departments in the operating company
- Interact with the operating company accounting team to support processes such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Vendor Claims and Inventory Control
- Assist the CFO in the annual self-assessment audit process. Assist throughout the year on continuous process improvement
Education and / or Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4 years experience in a financial or accounting role
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Data base programming experience preferred
- A strong work ethic and a team player attitude
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employeewill be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time