Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
General Warehouse Associate
Company: South RDC
Zip Code: 32615
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
APPLY AT WWW.BAUGHSE.SYSCO.COM
Unloads inbound cases of foodservice product to specified configurations for
storage and shipment as directed under general supervision. Performs all duties safely,
accurately and meets set productivity goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate load, product, or pallet issues to appropriate personnel.
- Inspect trailer cleanliness prior to unloading.
- Unload product from trailers, rail cars, or shipping containers onto the dock for receipt.
- Reconfigure received pallets to meet RDC storage requirements.
- Control door lights to inform driver if they are clear to back in or pull trailer from door.
- Applies shrink wrap to pallets when needed.
- Work effectively with immediate Supervisor to prevent warehouse shrink (product loss).
- Cross-train and work in other warehouse functions and areas which include forklift, receiving, depal, loading, and selecting on an as needed and as qualified basis. (Reference specific forklift, receiving, depal, loading or selecting Job Description documents for specific Essential Duties and Responsibilities.)
- Responsible for the neatness and cleanliness of assigned work area, accuracy of warehouse locations, and travel aisles.
- Report any unfixable/unsafe issues immediately to supervisor.
- Observe and enforce all safety rules in an effort to reduce accidents and injuries.
- Observe proper lifting techniques and physical work practices as defined in the Preferred Work Methods documentation.
- Operate appropriate Material Handling Equipment (MHE), such as forklifts and pallet jacks, in a safe and orderly manner in an effort to reduce accidents and injuries.
- Ensure that MHE is maintained (daily inspection) and clean; report repair or service needs to supervisor in an effort to reduce equipment damage.
- Use warehouse computers and RF equipment in a safe and professional manner.
- Understand and comply with all applicable company policies (i.e. attendance, Code of Business Conduct & Ethics, Associate Handbook etc).
- Ensure compliance with all applicable State/Federal laws, regulations, and policies (i.e. OSHA (Occupational Health and Safety Admin.), HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points), Food Safety Standards, etc).
- Performs other warehouse duties as assigned.
No supervisory experience needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill set, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must pass a functional capacity test.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; or one year warehouse related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to speak effectively in one-on-one and small group situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certification on material handling equipment or ability to become certified.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the Human Resource Department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate regularly is required to use hands,
handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, frequently is required to stand and walk, reach
with hands and arms, talk or hear. The associate is required to walk and stoop, kneel,
crouch, or sit. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds;
occasionally lift and/or move between 31 and 50 pounds; and seldom lift and/or move
51 pounds and up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the
ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those that an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to fast moving material handling equipment or other mechanical equipment. The associate is frequently exposed to freezer/cooler warehouse environments. The associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; contained toxic or caustic chemicals; high voltage electrical equipment and vibration. The noise level in the work environment usually is loud.
The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
This is a full-time position. The incumbent must have the ability to work a varying schedule which might include shift work (days or nights), weekdays or weekends, and some holidays. Work hours may vary or change based on customer order requirements.
APPLY AT WWW.BAUGHSE.SYSCO.COM
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time