Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Company: Buckhead Beef New Jersey
Zip Code: 08837
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
To perform routine maintenance duties including: All processing related machinery, and supporting areas. Trouble shoots and repairs of electrical, pneumatic systems. Die changes and machine installations. Rough carpentry, painting, and basic equipment or facility repairs. This position requires a Tuesday through Saturday work schedule from Noon to 8PM.
Employees receive a copy of Buckhead Beef’s organizational reporting structure at time of hire. It is also posted in the break rooms.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
Each employee is responsible for the food safety and quality of our products.
- Able to navigate through the Multivac Packaging machine menu and adjust settings.
- Experience with Marel and other Food Processing equipment is a plus.
- 1 phase and 3 phase AC knowledge and trouble shooting skills as well as DC.
- Preventive Maintenance on all equipment and machinery IAW company programs.
- Visually inspect and test machinery to detect malfunction. Communicate equipment problems to operations staff as needed. Ensure lock out, tag out procedures used.
- Building maintenance (plumbing repair, changing lamps & ballasts, light remodeling, etc.)
- Diagnose problems and dismantle defective equipment and install new or repaired parts, following the specifications set forth in blueprints, manuals and schematic drawings.
- Complete all other duties as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor.
- Maintain tools in good working order and keep maintenance room in neat condition.
Other Functions and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- To know and understand the company’s safety and health goals and the objectives. Assist the company in achieving these goals by participating in the safety program.
- To help develop and follow all safe work practices.
- To give a written report of unsafe conditions or unsafe acts to management.
- To report all accidents, injuries or illnesses to my supervisor immediately.
- Must be a steady, reliable worker.
- Must be able to read simple instructions and follow simple diagrams.
- Must be able to perform simple tasks independently after being given specific instructions.
- Must have general knowledge of simple equipment used in the building trades.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to use hand tools and to paint.
- Vision (with correction) sufficient for reading, performing repairs, and painting.
- High School diploma or GED
- Not applicable
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, crouch, and climb for repairs, use ladders and perform various types of manual labor. Occasionally, the employee may be required to lift objects up to 50 pounds.
New Hire Training:
- GMPs: Promoting Personal Hygiene
- GMPs: Effective Hand Washing Techniques
- GMPs for Maintenance
- Foodborne Illness & Employee Reporting
- Preventing Food Contamination
- Overview of HACCP
- Basic Food Facility Security
- Lean Manufacturing
- Intro Food Safety Standards
- Intro to Food Allergens
- Overview of Dangerous E. Coli
Annual refresher training
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time