Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Night Warehouse Order Selector
Company: FreshPoint South Texas
Location: US-TX-San Antonio
Zip Code: 78218
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
FreshPoint South Texas
Responsible for combining all the items ordered by each customer so that their bulk product, splits, and retail items are together. Responsible for loading the orders on the truck in their proper route sequence.
- Must ensure customer satisfaction by shipping the correct product, a quality product, correct product quantity, and proper loading to protect the product.
- Make sure all produce loaded goes in the correct vehicle in the correct sequence. All product loaded must be transported without damage. Train handlers in proper method of loading trucks.
- Keep work area clean and neat at all times.
- Responsible for all product shipped on the vehicle. Must identify all product according to size, origin, and count before loading.
- Must contact the Supervisor immediately if there is any doubt about the quality of a product.
- Load pallets of product from the last stop to the first.
- Utilize WMS wearable order selection scanners & printers properly and accurately.
- All specialty items will receive additional attention to ensure customer satisfaction
- Know the correct procedure shipping procedure for items sold/shipped.
- Circle all items not in stock. Contact your manager for substitutes and make all proper subs.
- Make sure when trucks are loaded, a space is left on top. The air chute should not be less than one foot in depth, front or rear.
- Standing water must be mopped up immediately.
- Strictly adhere to all safety rules.
- Perform other tasks as requested by management.
- Responsible for working until relieved by a Manager. This may require working longer than your scheduled work hours.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Basic reading and writing skills.
- Proven experience working with produce in a distribution/production environment.
- Ability to properly stack trucks, preventing damage to product.
- One year selector experience.
- One year shipping/receiving experience in a warehouse.
- One year riding pallet jack & forklift experience.
- Ability to move/lift 50-60 lbs. frequently
- Frequent bending, stooping and pulling are required.
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Understanding Your Customers
- Driving Results
- Communication & Listening
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time