Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Market Director, Merchandising - Midwest Market
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: BSCC Corporate
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Responsible for market level performance and oversight of the OpCo merchandising departments which include but is not limited to: customer order fulfillment improvement, inventory management with intent to maintain lowest possible DSO, merchandising activities that enhance profitability (realized equity, earned income and overall gross margin), support sales growth, logistics, assist in achieving warehouse operations efficiencies as it relates to inbound product, management and directing/ developing merchandising staff.
Oversee Market level product assortment and adoption of the core assortment to meet sales demands. Support execution of Corporate category growth initiatives and provide field feedback to Corporate.
Responsible for associate training and coaching along with associate development and engagement.
***This position will be located in our Midwest Market and will reside at one of our Midwest OpCo locations***
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for market level inventory metrics and service goals through reporting and enforcement of best business practices
- Oversee market level realized equity, earned income and product mix including item equity management and market cost utilization
- Manage the steady state execution of supplier, corporate and Market Merchandising initiatives
- Provide necessary feedback to the OpCo and corporate teams for action or alignment
- Train and build bench strength to support OpCo merchandising team
- Direct market merchandising and supplier resources
- Drive Market results based on OpCo needs and support corporate initiatives
- Support growth of gross margin and earned income while achieving market sales and operational efficiency targets
- Collaborate with OpCos in market to translate core national assortment to local companies by providing oversight and guidance to OpCos based on item types, working with individual OpCos to select what will be carried based on current items and local customer needs, and working with Market VP of Merchandising to approve non-core items to be carried
- Sponsor supplier and broker engagement for best results in category case conversion and sales growth
- Support engagement with all Sysco Specialty Companies including Sysco Specialty Meat Companies, Supplies On The Fly, European Imports and Produce
- Support and facilitate available resource management in conjunction with Replenishment Services Managers
- 5+ years management/professional experience required. Significant category management, merchandising and/or operations experience within a retail, wholesale or distribution environment preferred.
- Strong written & verbal communications skills required
- Strong excel skills preferred
- Ability to manage & implement innovative strategies to maximize sales & gross profit potential while driving customer loyalty & MA engagement
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of degree sufficient to successfully perform essential job functions required. Master’s degree a plus
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
Ability to motivate high-performing teams & enable a culture of best practices
Ability to manage conflict and reach quick resolution with facts and dialogue
Ability to work cross functionally and build relationships across the organization/enterprise
Ability to communicate effectively with individuals of different backgrounds
Collaborative change leader who uses multiple influencing styles to drive change
Analytical thinker who can draw sound business conclusions based on a strong fact base
Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Manages implementation and execution of merchandising activities and processes across multiple Operating Companies to drive Market Level goals
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Work from Home