Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Payroll Processing Associate
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Business Services
Zip Code: 77429
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This position is responsible for the administration of payroll processing for Sysco Operating Companies. This position will assist in building a partnership with these companies to demonstrate payroll knowledge through compliance, customer care and quality.
- Process all payrolls accurately and in a timely manner based on company policy and guidelines.
- Collect, input and verify all payroll and benefits data in regards to the up to seven SYSCO operating companies with up to 3000 employees on a weekly basis.
- Audit and reconcile personnel actions and documents from various sources and the impact on payroll.
- Understand multiple time and attendance policies, paid time off rules, pay schedules and policies of the operating companies
- Knowledge of various Time Labor Management systems and how they interface with payroll.
- Knowledge of unions, benefit plans and retirement plans and the impact on payroll.
- Research and resolve in depth employee payroll issues that includes tax and benefit impact.
- Provide reports weekly to various locations and internal departments.
- Understand payroll impact to finance/general ledger posting.
- Prepare and distribute all payroll reports to various internal and external customers.
- Coordinate with the Operating Companies any additional payments including, short term disability, serverance, settlement payments, etc.
- Coordinate with the Operating Companies with all specialized payments to terminated employees due to complicated state regulations.
- Knowledge of Group Term Life and understand how to update for W-2 reporting.
- Prepare complex payroll tax computations with multiple tax regulation such as supplemental taxation, state and local tax calculation.
- Serves as payroll expert for the operating company on federal and state regulations/requirements.
- Research questions regarding state and federal payroll statues for operating company.
- Ensures the integrity of payroll changes data based on Sarbane Oxley requirements
- Understand Payroll Principles as outlined by the Payroll Industry reference sources
- Special projects as assigned
- 1-2 years of payroll experience
- Multi-state taxation experience
- Knowledge of ADP Payroll and Timekeeping systems preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office and payroll processing software
Education and / or Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Effective interpersonal and communication (oral, written and listening) skills
- Handle confidential information in a discrete manner are crucial
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time