Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director, Facilities Design
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 10 +
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
The Director, Facilites Design is responsible for overseeing design projects for Sysco’s global operations. Sysco Corporation’s facilities design function is responsible for the conceptual design of new and renovated facilities including floorplans, siteplans, and elevations. The design function works closely with Supply Chain Engineering, Construction, Finance, and Operations to develop facility designs that best meet the needs of the individual business units. The Sysco design team then collaborates with and directs outsourced architectural and engineering design teams to develop signed and sealed construction documents to be used for permitting and field operations. The Sysco design team is responsible for archiving and maintaining current all facility A/E and material handling system documents for all operations.
Sysco’s portfolio of real estate holdings includes over 250 major owned and leased properties (primarily distribution centers, processing plants, and office facilities) as well as over 500 minor owned and leased properties (primarily shuttle yards and remote domicile yards). Sysco’s owned properties comprise over 42 million square feet of improved space.
Sysco Corporation’s capital plan includes approximately 20 major active projects per year and multiple reconfiguration and rework projects. The Director, Facilities Design will foster a collaborative environment where all necessary stakeholders are involved in facility design projects to meet the current and projected needs of Sysco’s business units.
Essential Functions (Design and Construction):
Distribution Facilities Design – Lead design teams responsible for distribution facilities. Develop and maintain design and construction standards for Sysco distribution projects. Ensure that DC designs are current with best operational practices and incorporate state of the art materials and equipment. Ensure corporate goals related to sustainability are achieved in terms of facility designs.
Manufacturing and Processing Facilities Design – Lead design teams responsible for manufacturing and processing facilities design including meat and seafood processing, fruit and vegetable processing, blending and filling operations, and packaging lines. Develop and maintain unique design and construction standards for Sysco manufacturing projects. Ensure that manufacturing designs are current with best operational practices and incorporate state of the art materials and equipment. Ensure corporate goals related to sustainability are achieved in terms of facility designs.
Offices Facilities Design – Lead design teams responsible for office facilities including corporate offices, shared business services offices, call centers, and remote offices supporting all Sysco businesses and operations.
Interior Design and Space Planning – Lead the Interior Design and Space Planning team in support of interior designs for all Sysco projects (DC, manufacturing, office) in regards to associate work space design, furniture selection, interior finishes, interior lighting, audio visual systems, and artwork.
Pre Construction Planning and Estimating – Collaborate with the real estate, construction and business teams to develop conceptual layouts and scenarios.
Essential Functions (Leadership and Associate Development):
Recruitment and Staffing – Develop the best organizational structure to execute construction and processing design projects. Recruit, develop, motivate, and retain top-talent individuals to staff the design organization whether they be outsourced or in-house direct-hire team members.
Associate Training and Development – Create onboarding, training, and ongoing associate development plans and ensure that they are successfully implemented.
Workplace Tools and Metrics – Create and develop plans related to necessary tools needed by design and construction teams to be successful. This includes but is not limited to CAD software and hardware, Project Management software and hardware, cloud based real estate portfolio software, and tools for project estimating.
Communication – Create and successfully implement plans for communicating information to all design and construction professionals including the strategic vision, tactical information related to current plans and projects, and means for associates to communicate between each other as well as upstream.
Required Education and Experience:
- Architectural, Engineering, or Construction Management Bachelors degree required. Masters degree in technical area or business preferred
- Process engineering experience required with a focus on meat is required
- Experience with food processing or food distribution facilities projects required
- Experience successfully leading teams of professionals in a corporate setting required
Certifications and Technical Requirements:
- Professional certification or licensure as an architect, engineer, or construction project manager is preferred
- Robust PC skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, MS Project and AutoCad) required
- Familiarity with industrial structures and building systems preferred including insulated metal panel construction, ammonia refrigeration systems, automatic fire protection systems, HVAC and mechanical systems, electrical and lighting systems, plumbing, and wastewater treatment systems is preferred
- Familiarity with OSHA, PSM and RMP regulatory guidelines and programs preferred
- Knowledge of construction contracts including lien and bonding processes required
- Postion requires travel roughly 25% of the time
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Employee will be required to walk, crawl, crouch, climb ladders and be comfortable with heights in order to perform inspection duties
- This position should be performed the corporate facility
- Must be able to travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies, which include locations in US, Canada, Central America and Europe. Valid Passport and Driver’s License required
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time