Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Credit TRX Manager
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Jackson
Zip Code: 39209-2683
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Provides risk management and oversight of credit risk related to current and potential customer accounts. Reviews and analyzes the credit worthiness of current and potential customer accounts to make recommendations on whether or not to take on the risk and if so at what terms. Responsible for review and assessment to ensure approved credit policies and procedures are being followed.
- Assigns responsibility for investigating and verifying financial status of prospective customers applying for credit; prepares documents to substantiate findings; and recommends rejection or approval of applications
- Establishes credit limitations on customer accounts and handles special credit arrangements and deviations from standard terms of payment
- Assigns responsibility for investigation of fraud cases and possible legal action and collection of insufficiently funded checks and delinquent bills. Submits delinquent accounts to attorney or outside agency for collection
- Establishes and updates customers' credit activities with company executive management staff and sales management personnel
- Audits delinquent accounts considered to be uncollectible to ensure maximum efforts have been taken before assigning bad debt status
- Oversees CSTOP processing and ensures that guidelines are consistently enforced by Credit associates for delinquent accounts, and monitors daily cut-off for credit issues
- Monitor accounts with payment plans and ensure that work out programs and promissory notes are in compliance with Corporate Credit, Operations Review, and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Reviews publications for bulk transfers and bankrupt accounts. Files claims in pending escrows while directly communicating the information to the Marketing Associate
- Makes UCC-1 filing decisions on customers who meet necessary criteria
- Ensures DSO and BPDSO are concurrent with Sysco Corporate requirements. Follows corporate audit controls to ensure operating company credit activities are compliant with Sysco Corporate financial requirements including participating in Credit Audits, Operations Review Audits, and Sarbanes-Oxley Audits
- Participates in the performance management and development of credit associates
- Responsible for recruiting and training credit associates
- Credit committee leader
- Increase cash flow (i.e. decrease accounts receivable DSO, increase percent current)
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Statistics, Economics, or related quantitative background preferred
- At least 5 years credit management and supervisory experience
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of directors, clients, customers and the general public
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions and percentages
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Present/interact with senior leadership and manage a team of credit professionals and solid negotiation skills in credit
- Strong PC skills: Excel, Word, Power Point and Relational Database concept
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- National Association of Credit Management Certification a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time