Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Fleet Maintenance Manager
Company: Sysco San Francisco
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This is an Operations position responsible for managing the activities associated with maintaining the fleet maintenance department. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to; managing the company shop and shop personnel for the maintenance, diagnosis and repair of the Sysco fleet, ensuring safety and security of the shop and fleet, and providing management and direction to shop staff. The position is also responsible for administrative duties including parts procurement, inventory management, asset tracking and cost control through maintenance systems.
This exciting career opportunity is responsible for managing the activities associated with maintaining the fleet maintenance department and is located at Sysco San Francisco, 5900 Stewart Ave - Fremont, CA 94538.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the daily work and safety of associates engaged in fleet maintenance and repair.
- Manages labor hours and consumable supplies within budget. Monitors work schedules including extra work days and shifts as needed.
- Manages the proper selection, purchase and utilization of Company assets in support of the fleet maintenance department. Coordinates required processes and repairs with proper departments as necessary.
- Ensures the proper scheduling of truck maintenance and repairs; along with compliance of all Company programs, including preventative maintenance and inspection of vehicles, non-scheduled maintenance and trouble shooting, repair, rebuild and overhaul of vehicles.
- Reviews fleet maintenance functions and various operational and expense reporting. Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with the implementation of changes within fleet maintenance.
- Conducts audits daily to ensure all required documentation is accurately completed (including all work orders, breakdowns, preventative maintenance logs, pre/post trip inspections, certifications) and that items are installed correctly with a minimum potential for loss.
- Manages parts inventory and issues required purchase orders based on anticipated needs.
- Develops a fleet services budget to include a review of past year income and expenses; adjusts and administers all fleet service purchases including parts, tools and office supplies.
- Oversees budgets and contracts between third party vendor services to ensure efficient operations.
- Ensures proper licensing of fleet vehicles and annual vehicle/trailer inspections.
- Stays current with technical manuals, literature and technical advancements of the trade as it pertains to company owned vehicles.
- Maintains associate relations through regular department or pre-shift meetings; maintains on-going interaction; keeps open communication channels with associates by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures; monitors associate morale; submits and responds to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement.
- Interprets trains and consistently enforces Company policies and procedures.
- Coordinates efforts with Safety department to aid in training, conducting associate observations, up-dating preferred work methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root causes, and routine safety inspections. Makes recommendations for disciplinary action and/or behavior modification where required.
- Performs management functions of staff selection, development, discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Performs the duties of associates supervised and other related duties as needed.
- Ensures accurate and up-dated re-certifications of commercial equipment and CVOR (Canada) are compliant.
- Ensures compliance with all Company and safety rules, policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (i.e., OSHA, DOT, and EFC).
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); three to five years maintenance experience; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must possess a valid state Driver’s License meeting Company standards. Complete a Sysco approved defensive driving program. Class A CDL preferred.
- Powered Industrial Equipment Certification from Sysco.
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE Certification preferred.
- Trailer Refer (608) Certification preferred.
- Cab Air (609) Certification preferred.
- Air Brake Certification preferred.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, and ability to learn Sysco technology software and programs.
- Knowledge of methods, techniques and procedures involved in repairs and replacement.
- Knowledge of vehicle operations and safety guidelines.
- Proficient in the use of all tools of the trade, shop equipment and power tools including but not limited to jacks, hydraulic lifts, air tools and diagnostic equipment.
- Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments and shifts in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Ability to work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The associate is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The associate works non-traditional business hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call. The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other Operating Companies or the Corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.). The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time