Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Eastern Wisconsin
Zip Code: 53037
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This is a Human Resources position responsible for operating the central telephone console and communication system, meeting and directing visitors and performing related duties.
- Operates the switchboard and routes incoming calls to the proper office or individual.
- Responds to caller requests for general information regarding company and department functions.
- Greets visitors and responds to general questions regarding the company.
- Notifies staff members of visitor arrival, has the visitor sign in, supplies him/her with an identification badge and directs them to the waiting area to ensure facility guidelines are complied with.
- Handles customer service issues, or, by identifying problems or concerned customers, refers them to the appropriate staff member in an effort to present the proper image to the visitor while alleviating the cause of the problem or concern.
- Dispenses forms or informational brochures and may also train others to use the switchboard.
- Sorts materials for alphabetical, numeric, coded, or chronological filing. Sorts and labels mail for distribution, and opens and stamps all accounts payable invoices.
- Labels mailings, inserts envelopes and performs other clerical duties as assigned.
- Provides support to Human Resources by filing, collating and providing other general clerical duties.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent
- 1 year of administrative/receptionist experience
- MS Office, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Word
- Ability to communicate effectively, plan and organize work activities, analyze and disseminate information, and manage work-time efficiently.
- Ability to handle problems and complaints courteously, using tact in dealing with people, following instructions, properly scheduling appointments, and completing multiple duties at one time.
- Excellent computer skills and have a working knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee may have to lift up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities that may be required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- May sit in front of a switchboard console for long periods of time or remain at a work station for extended periods or until relieved by a supervisor.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Mons*Employment Type: Full Time