Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Poultry Production Manager
Company: Buckhead Meat Houston
Zip Code: 77038
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Buckhead Meat Houston
- Ensures Buckhead Meats of Houston policies, procedure, safety guidelines and regulatory requirements are followed
- Other duties may be assigned
Leads supervisors and their direct reports by communicating a vision for the department and setting expectations to achieve measurable goals. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the production department. Complies with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and addressing employees’ concerns; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Prior experience with portion cutting (meat, vegetables, etc.)
- At least 5 years’ experience working in food production areas and poultry
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and conversions to determine amounts and sizes of products needed for orders
- Must have solid training, coaching and influencing skills to ensure team success
- Must demonstrate strategic thought leadership in moving process improvement strategies forward for the department
- Must be able to successfully manage multiple priorities through sustained completion
- Requires management and leadership skills in addition to good planning and organization skills. Supervisory experience over at least 50+ employees
- Ability to adjust timely and positively to sudden changes in customer demands and operational goals. Must be quick and agile in driving results.
- Practical experience leading and executing production targets within product yield goals
- High level of analytical ability with complex issues/problems. Strong logical reasoning skills
- Exceptionally strong communication skills are required, both oral and written, ability to communicate concepts at all levels with the ability to lead teams and manage complex interpersonal relationships
- Position requires the ability to work with confidential employee, client, vendor and company information
- Must have the ability to interact effectively with others at all levels in the organization across multiple functions, excellent collaboration skills
- Must be able to tolerate cold conditions.
- Strong understanding of safe work practices
- Customer-service oriented
- Experience working with warehouse inventory systems is required and knowledge of ERP systems is required. Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications is a must
- Must be detail oriented and be able to manage a team in a fast paced environment
- Bilingual preferred, English/ Spanish
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
Ability to work in 30 degree temperature for long period of times
- Ability to stand long period of times
- Ability to lift up to 60 lb. boxes
- Bending and twisting when loading conveyor and/or packaging equipment.
- Ability to turn at the waist and place boxes on conveyor.
- Ability to read specification sheets that come down the line for different orders.
Standing, stooping and climbing are regular activities for this employee. Employee must have the ability to maneuver throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities. The ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate various processing and material handling equipment is necessary.
This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas of 30 degrees. These areas are cold and wet, and exposure to moving machinery and sharp objects are a regular occurrence. This is a high noise area. Must pass company drug test and background.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time