Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Analyst, Reporting Solutions
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: BSCC Corporate
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
Provide reporting and development of technical solutions to support Category Development, Merchandising, and Supply Chain departments. Individuals in this role are responsible for collecting and documenting business requirements, identifying proper data sources (internal/external), and developing new and innovative tools required to address specific business needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, maintain and enhance/optimize reports and tools to support internal department teams; improve usability of Sysco’s internal data sources; drive long-term support for internal data management; identify and implement opportunities to further leverage 3rd party tools
- Collaborate with the Business Technology organization to ensure data integrity, data security oversights, development, and deployment of new tools and technologies with approval of Sr Analyst
- Gather business requirements and scope reporting projects to meet needs of internal Sysco teams. Understand and translate business needs into efficient and scalable technical solutions
- Provide training on reporting tools and solutions as part of deployment and ongoing support for users (e.g. Tableau, 1010Data, Business Objects, Microsoft Access/Excel)
- Perform all other necessary ad hoc analyses
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
Bachelor's Degree required (Business, Computer Science, or Analytics degree preferred) or relevant Sysco experience in lieu of a degree
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
2 yrs relevant professional experience
• Strong quantitative problem solver who can manage complex issues and interpret large data sets comfortably
• Analytical thinker who can draw sound business conclusions from multiple sources of information
• Self driven individual who is able to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment and adapt to shifting priorities
• Collaborative team player who can effectively work in a matrix/cross-functional organization
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Detail oriented
• Able to work independently and proactively within the defined scope of responsibility
- Intermediate Excel required
- Intermediate Access, PowerPoint, and Word Preferred
- Intermediate programming (SQL, VBA, etc) required
- SQL Server & Tableau preferred
- Theoretical knowledge of statistics and quantitative analysis techniques (e.g. spreadsheet modeling, regression analysis) preferred
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The associate is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- This position must be performed from the Corporate facility in Houston, Texas.
- Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Sysco is committed to providing comprehensive retirement and benefits programs, a stock purchase plan, product purchase discounts and much more!
Background & Drug Screen. EOE.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time