Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director of Sales
Company: FreshPoint West Coast
Zip Code: 33610
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Basic Job Concept
Increase market share and gross profit by motivating, training, delegating and coaching a staff of Customer Service Representatives and Marketing Associates to achieve established corporate goals. Responsible for customer service and retention of existing market share by coordinating services of departments to effectively achieve these goals.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. required
Prefer Associates degree in appropriate discipline or Bachelor's degree in business, liberal arts or applicable discipline.
- Working knowledge of general operating procedures in warehouse and distribution environment.
- Familiar with produce, including varieties, product size, characteristics, storage requirements, seasonal differences and product features.
- Experience managing individuals, motivating, training, and disciplining a staff.
- Preparation of budgets.
- Minimum of three years sales experience.
- Meet or exceed sales budget; sales dollars, GP dollars, cases.
- Develop and maintain relationships with FP West Coast DSM’s and MA’s
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate and local goals.
- Represents company at trade association meetings
- 2. Motivate, discipline, and hire/terminate sales staff.
- 3. Conduct Monthly sales meeting with staff.
- 4. Monitor CSR sales weekly.
- 5. Coach and evaluate marketing associates, riding with them each week.
- 6. Prepare weekly reports: Sales summary and New/Lost Report for EVP Prepare monthly reports: Significant New/Lost customer reports, Sales
- Manager targeted customer report, manage account profitability report.
- 7. Solicit new business from chain/high volume customers at corporate level.
- 8. Continually train staff, send to seminars.
- 9. Review weekly sales summary for customer problem areas and address with the
- Appropriate staff member of department.
- 10. Approve and control special runs.
- 11. Maintain copies of quarterly sales reports.
- 12. Assist Credit Manager in collections/bad debt.
- 13. Coordinate promotional activities; cash incentive program for sales, customer discounts.
- 14. Monthly review and approval of incentives to MA's and CSR's.
- 15. Set weekly market prices, basing Gross Profit from these figures.
- 16. Perform performance evaluations in a timely manner.
- 17. Perform any other tasks as requested by the President or Vice President.
- Must be able to use computer terminal effectively, as well as other office equipment.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time