Developer, Sales Training Content
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
- Designs and develops Sysco sales curriculum content, sales training materials, training modules, teaching aids, and manages all aspects of curriculum development programs to include, but not limited to: technical skills, management and leadership development, and new technology sales assimilation.
- This individual will develop curriculum to be used by the various market training leads and local training managers throughout the enterprise and/or subject matter experts and training participants.
- This individual is expected to work with the market leads to illicit their expertise and input to ensure accuracy and standardization of all training materials and content.
- This individual will be expected to deliver accurate, high - quality content within a specified deadline and timeline.
- The Curriculum Developer will utilize adult learning principles to develop all instructional materials.
This position plans, manages and coordinates activities for Sysco sales development areas which includes training activity design for both Marketing Associate and Sales Management functions. In addition, this position will manage day-to-day design / development, implementation and continued content maintenance of existing programs.
Manage all aspects of new curriculum development programs/ projects which include but not limited to:
- Manage multiple program development projects simultaneously by prioritizing project deadlines. Tracks program development life cycles; ensures that any problems are addressed, escalated when needed, resolved and approved quickly.
- Communicates with on-site and off-site enterprise and market training teams and support resources, including facilitators and subject matter experts, to ensure successful implementation of training projects.
- Manage, create and maintain setup documentation for relevant sales content for all programs. This includes program online written content, web self-guided content, facilitation content, training workbook binders, program syllabi, etc.
- Provides input to current course materials for all sales training tracks to reflect new/relevant and revised program information.
- Collaborate with current material authors and review proposed project efforts to determine scope, key milestones, timeframe.
- Partner with content review team to evaluate and update existing courses. This includes:
- Develop and formalize a robust quality assurance review process of all existing and new training programs currently in production
- Manage and conduct quality assurance reviews of all online self- study programs with senior training directors, individual market directors and content project managers.
- Establish a process to review and include feedback from weekly and end of course surveys, and trainee evaluations in to the quality assurance and course maintenance processes.
- Establish a systematic approach to obtain and review assignments and assessments across markets and regions.
- Manage relationships with market leaders and trainers to ensure proposed training content changes and learning resources are appropriately reflected in course updates.
- Work collaboratively across functional areas to manage and coordinate new program launches.
- Provide onsite program/ project support to markets as needed.
- Work with various local, market, regional and corporate teams to manage all aspects of curriculum development projects; requirements and prioritization, develop testing, documentation, implementation and support inquires that impact sales.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledgeable and functional in technical writing, including consistent and correct use of tense, grammar / spelling and sales terminology that is interesting and varied.
- Experience in a design positon that was responsible for managing multiple tasks in a dynamic, dead line-driven environment.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in applying adult learning principles.
- Experience in producing learning materials to include facilitator / instructor and participant manuals
- Experience creating instructional materials for the adult learner
- 3+ years of experience working in a project, results-driven or field engagement type role is strongly preferred.
Education and / or Experience:
- 4 year bachelor’s degree
- Deep understanding of the food service industry; intimate knowledge of the MA and DSM job functions, company proprietary computer programs, policies, procedures, and Sysco’s business metrics.
- Strong time management skills, strategic thinking, creative thinking, and problem solving characteristics.
- Capacity to multi-task and prioritize concurrent projects and programs autonomously to meet established deadlines. Exhibit your working knowledge of all learning platforms, product knowledge and training materials to support programs and program participants.
- Understanding of adult learning principles and concepts.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current instructional theories and principles applicable to both online and instructor-led learning programs.
- Development of creative and engaging training materials for an adult audience, in a variety of formats and media as well as storyboarding and user guides.
- Proficiency and experience in designing, building and deploying instructor e-learning modules using real-time technology.
- Experience with multimedia and web design technologies including video conferencing/ webinar technologies.
- Comprehensive understanding current user interface design methodologies.
- Advanced to intermediate computer experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and Adobe design suite
- Lead responsibility on significant course development projects for which instructional systems design and evaluation methodologies were used.
- Good organization skills and time management skills; ability to be flexible and solve problems.
- Strong proof-reading skills to produce error-free documents.
- Ability to communicate through verbal and written means with individuals, small groups and in front of large audiences at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to ask appropriate questions, probe for understanding, and work in collaboration with others to achieve desired results.
- Proficient knowledge of recognized desktop publishing applications including layout and design (e.g. Publisher, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Intermediate to advance knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 and 2013.
- Familiar with CRM Salesforce.com.
- Skilled in the use of recognized web-authoring application s (e.g. Camtasia, Adobe Presenter, Articulate, Adobe Premier, and Captivate)
- Ability to deal effectively with obstacles to progress in order to maintain project momentum.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- A minimum of 15% travel may be required in this role.
- The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive invento
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time