Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Customer Service Manager
Company: Metropolitan Meat, Seafood, and Poultry
Zip Code: 20785
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
The customer service manager is responsible for leading all inside sales team members and activiites. This includes both Metropolitan’s direct business and intercompany, USBL sales. They will provide the proper training and leadership that will enhance our position as an industry customer service leader; all while meeting the organization’s goals for operational efficiencies and effectiveness.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities :
Inspire, mentor and train team members in these specific areas:
- Computer system
- Product knowledge
- Customer Service SOP’s
- Conflict resolution
- Team selling
- Build, develop and empower the team to achieve customer’s confidence in our ability to provide first class customer service.
- Plans, coordinates, and manages office schedule to ensure proper customer service coverage while maintaining department overtime goals.
- Provide motivation and team building for optimum performance.
- Evaluate and improve order entry processes to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Manage all payroll activity for the team members including time cards and vacation schedules.
- Collaborate with the sales manager to pair sales consultant’s team members with customer service reps for a team selling concept.
- Coordinate with the Merchandising and Marketing departments to help promote and sell new products, slow moving or discontinued inventory products.
- Participate in monthly sales management meetings.
- Develop and manage customer service metrics that drive the desired results.
- Plan and coordinate customer service weekly huddles to review goals & objectives.
- Manage & collaborate with HR regarding hiring, training, performance evaluations (CMP’s) and accountability (both recognition & disciplinary actions).
Abilities and Skills:
- Strong computer skills with intermediate to advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must possess strong interpersonal & leadership skills
- Must be highly organized & detail oriented.
- Must be able to remain composed in a high-pressure, fast paced work environment
- Must be a logical and creative problem solver
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. business administration) or equivalent educational level preferred.
Required Minimum Experience:
- 3-5 years’ customer service related or supervisory experience
- 6-8 years’ customer service supervisor or manager experience
- Working knowledge of a Metropolitan’s Sales processes, organization and product categories
For questions regarding the status of your application, please call Ecaroh Allen at 301-772-0060
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Metropolitan Meat, Seafood, and Poultry is proud to be an EEO/AA employer - M/F/D/V.
This opportunity is available through Metropolitan Meat, Seafood, and Poultry. This is not a Corporate position.
All hiring decisions will be made at the sole discretion of Metropolitan Meat, Seafood, and Poultry.Employment Type: Full Time