Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Data Scientist, Revenue Management
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Master's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 7
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This role will be focused on applying advanced analytics to support the evaluation and development of both costing and pricing strategies, as well as the design of processes, tools, and metrics to execute strategy. This will require expert ability in all areas of analytics, including problem conceptualization; data acquisition, cleansing and manipulation; mathematical modeling; analytical and heuristic solution methods; and the ability to synthesize, visualize and communicate results and recommend a course of action. This role will also advocate for any additional BI capabilities needed to develop predictive models or to quantify the impact of any element of the margin waterfall.
- Perform data mining, cleansing, and manipulation; identify necessary data elements and their sources, leverage appropriate tools to acquire and consolidate large volumes of data from different sources, and identify and resolve any irrelevant, corrupt, missing, or incongruent data
- Identify and use appropriate technologies and platform to execute analytics against business requirements, including the ability to scale, deploy and distribute models across enterprise as needed
- Support the development of business cases for new solutions, with in-depth analysis of the challenge being addressed, the cost of the solution and projected business impact
- Support the development of performance management scorecards and dashboards to monitor adoption, implementation and impact of price and cost strategies
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to frame requirements within an analytics context in order to tackle business goals
- 3+ years of experience accessing and manipulating data in SQL or NoSQL database environments
- 3+ years of experience with scientific scripting languages (e.g., Python, R, SAS) and/or object oriented programming (e.g., C++, Java)
- 2+ years of experience with Bayesian statistics, regression analysis (beyond linear regression), supervised learning, unsupervised learning or time-series analysis required
- 7-10 years of overall analytics experience, can be inclusive of post graduate work
- Experience in dynamic programming or text mining highly preferred
Education and / or Experience:
Master’s or PhD degree with a focus on a quantitative research and 2+ years of non-academic experience required; or equivalent experience in a R&D environment.
Proven capabilities executing analytics in a project-based environment for a wide range of applications in a corporate/production scale
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time