Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Company: Buckhead Meat & Seafood of Ohio ( Malcolm Meats)
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Buckhead Meat & Seafood of Ohio ( Malcolm Meats) is proud to be an EEO/AA employer - M/F/D/V.
This opportunity is available through Buckhead Meat & Seafood of Ohio ( Malcolm Meats). This is not a Corporate position.
All hiring decisions will be made at the sole discretion of Buckhead Meat & Seafood of Ohio ( Malcolm Meats).
2665 Tracy Rd., Northwood, OH 43619
The Boxer is responsible for boxing orders according to specifications notated on work order. This position is to quickly perform quality assurance checks for product quality and weight.
Employees receive a copy of Imperial Seafood organizational reporting structure at the time of hire. It is also posted in the break room.
DUTIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS
Each employee is responsible for the food safety and quality of our products. Each employee is responsible for reporting food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action (managers, supervisors, QA).
- Read work order and match with the product and quantity of order.
- Perform final check to ensure that items and weights match orders. Follow up to ensure product provides high quality presentation for the customer.
- Weigh and label each box.
- Properly ice product.
- Responsible for numerous Sysco house orders.
- Place proper number of packages per case in accordance with the work order.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consistent compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- To understand and know the company’s safety and health goals and the objectives. Assist the company in achieving these goals by participating in the safety program.
- To help develop and follow all safe work practices.
- To give a written report of unsafe conditions or unsafe acts to management.
- To report all accidents, injuries or illness to managers/supervisors.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Physical strength to lift and maneuver 50-60 pounds. Standing, stooping and climbing are regular activities for this employee. Employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities. Normal levels of eyesight and hearing after correction. Color vision is required. The ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate various processing and material handling equipment is necessary. The ability to smell is required, in order to detect levels of wholesomeness and spoilage.
This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas. These areas are cold and wet and exposure to moving machinery and sharp surfaces area a regular occurrence. This is a high noise area.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Buckhead Meat & Seafood of Ohio ( Malcolm Meats) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
For questions regarding your application, please call (419) 490-2072
Employment Type: Full Time