Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Marketing Associate (Columbia, SC)
Company: FreshPoint Charlotte
Zip Code: 28269
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: Up to 100%
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Maintain and increase market share in the Columbia, SC region by satisfying customer needs and meeting management objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain 2 new accounts monthly in assigned territory.
- Identify customer needs and satisfy them profitably.
- Maintain existing customer base through effective customer service skills.
- Identify lost/split customers and inform manager.
- Follow through with customer requests.
- Maintain open communications with other Marketing Associates.
- Introduce new items to customers.
- Up-sell product in excess inventory.
- Input orders into computer system when necessary.
- Attend sales meetings as required.
- Submit all required sales reports.
- Create and submit daily SCORE reports
- Create and submit weekly calendar
- Adherence to attendance policy and work schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
- General understanding of sales, distribution and warehousing procedures preferred.
- Geographical knowledge of Columbia, SC region
- One (1) year experience in a sales related position, preferably produce or food distribution desired.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in a positive manner, follow through on directions and organize effectively to satisfy the customers’ needs.
- Good communication skills
- Must be able to work with all levels within the organization
- Maintain auto insurance limits within Sysco Pooling Requirements
- Ability to work rotating Saturdays
- Maintain acceptable MVR
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school degree or equivalent
80% travel. Occasional bending, twisting, turning, climbing and lifting of 21-50 pounds delivering product to customers. Continual driving.
Works primarily outside of office driving to potential and current customer facilities.
Works inside warehouse and office as needed.
This Job Description is not an employment contract. The company reserves the right to change the job description and the job duties at any time without notice. I certify that I understand the job description, I possess the above qualifications, and that I can perform each of the above functions with or without an accommodation
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
WOMEN, MINORITIES AND VETERANS ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time