Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Company: Fulton Provision
Zip Code: 97230
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
This is a delivery position responsible for driving Class B truck for the purpose of delivering and unloading various products for Sysco customers. This requires using excellent customer service skills, and working in accordance with state and DOT regulations and Sysco Safety Preferred Work Methods. Overtime hours, working weekends and holidays, and starting at various early morning start times are required in order to successfully meet customers’ needs.
- Deliver product within assigned route schedule and time windows. Immediately inform management team of any deviations
- Operate vehicle in a variety of traffic and weather conditions
- Unload product from trailer, by hand or using hand cart, and place in designated customer storage areas. May include transporting product up/down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions
- Frequently lift, push, or move product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 100 pounds; frequently reach up to 72 inches to stack and unstack pallets and hand cart; constantly bend and twist while loading and unloading product, and retrieving items from trailer
- Pickup, load and unload damaged goods and customer returns, and complete necessary paperwork
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Sysco policies and procedure.
- Complete Department of Transportation (DOT) logs (electronic or manual as required), company vehicle maintenance reports and reconcile with appropriate company representative as required
- Follow SyscoSafe preferred work methods at all times, and immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions
- Maintain sanitary conditions in truck/van and assist with maintaining sanitary conditions in the warehouse and yard
- Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including but not limited to hand cart, pallets, load bars, STS unit, and personal protective equipment
- 21+ years of age
- Valid Class B Commercial Driver License with a “clean” driving record
- Possess and be able to present a valid non-expired interstate Medical Examiner’s Certificate Card (MEC)
- Pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check.
- Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations
- Have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent
- Previous experience in local food or beverage delivery
- Pallet breakdown and hand cart delivery experience
- Meet or exceed minimum productivity levels established by the Company
- Meet or exceed established cases per error goals
- Demonstrate strong customer relations and problem resolution skills
- Effectively plan and organize work activities independent of direct supervision
- Develop a good working knowledge of product and inventory control techniques and procedures
- Maintain ongoing inter-department communications related to routing, safety, and customer relations
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time