Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Company: Buckhead Meat Dallas
Zip Code: 75237
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Job Summary: Unload all items being received into the warehouse and palletize them in standard stacking methods. Check accuracy of the quantity of the product received and process all paperwork connected with receiving the product.
Reports to: Warehouse Manager Salary Type: Non-Exempt
- Remove all products from trucks by use of forklift, electric pallet jack or by hand.
- Stack all products in a safe and orderly manner.
- Require to follow all GMP’s and safety regulation.
- Report discrepancies to leads and supervisor.
- Pulling orders on carts
- Operating equipment including sit down and stand up forklift and pallet jack when needed.
- Cross-tie all items as directed by the warehouse manager or shipping clerk.
- Adhere to all safety rules.
- Check the accuracy of the product received.
- Notify supervisor of any shortage, damage of product or poor quality product.
- Complete paperwork as product is being received.
- Complete proper documentation for product traceability.
- Perform other tasks, as requested by management.
- Responsible for working until relieved by supervisor. This may require working longer than your scheduled work hours.
- Responsible for Food Safety (temperature, HACCP. sanitation, sanitary conditions, foreign object control and allergens).
- Responsible for Food Quality (specifications, grade, portion size, trim levels, texture, color and age).
- Basic reading and writing skills.
- Six (6) months experience in a warehouse.
- Experience using a forklift or electric pallet.
- Basic knowledge of meat preferred.
- Ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals.
- Commitment to work until job is completed.
- Interacts well with others. Good team player.
- Must be flexible to changing procedures/ priorities.
- Must be able to tolerate cold conditions.
- Must be quick and agile.
- Strong logical reasoning skills
- Strong understanding of safe work practices.
- Customer-service oriented
- Detail oriented.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
Ability to work in 30 degree temperature for long period of times
- Ability to stand long period of times.
- Ability to lift up to 100 lb. boxes.
- Bending and twisting when loading conveyor and/or packaging equipment.
- Ability to turn at the waist and place boxes on conveyor.
- Ability to read specification sheets that come down the line for different orders.
Standing, stooping and climbing are regular activities for this employee. Employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities. The ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate various processing and material handling equipment is necessary.
This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas of 30 degrees. These areas are cold and wet, and exposure to moving machinery and sharp objects are a regular occurrence. This is a high noise area. Must pass company drug test and background.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time