Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Human Resources Business Partner
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Montana
Zip Code: 59101
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 7
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
As a member of the Operating Company (OpCo) senior leadership team, the Human Resources Business Partner works strategically with leadership to successfully execute local, market-level, and enterprise-wide initiatives within the OpCo.
- Leadership Development: Partner with senior management to identify and proactively develop talent through formal training, mentoring, coaching, and "stretch" assignments. Participate in succession planning to ensure talent is available and ready to assume positions of greater responsibility both at the OpCo and elsewhere at Sysco.
- Performance Management: Oversee the performance management process and work with OpCo leaders on their associate reviews and evaluations. Provide training and consultation as necessary.
- Labor Relations (in Union locations): Respond to grievances, review disciplinary programs, conduct investigations, prepare for arbitrations, and participate in union contract negotiations.
- Employee Relations: Provide coaching and guidance to OpCo leaders and associates regarding employment issues in such areas as policy and procedure interpretation/application, dispute resolution, corrective action, leaves of absence, harassment, and terminations. Facilitate the Sysco Speaks Associate Survey efforts in the OpCo. Analyze findings and review trends with senior management and recommend actions to ensure positive organizational changes.
- Compliance: Review, interpret, administer and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws, and company policies and procedures. Develop and maintain the OpCo’s Affirmative Action Program (where applicable), complete required Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) reporting and ensure Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) compliance. Perform investigations and prepare written responses to EEOC claims, unemployment claims, etc.
- Talent Acquisition: Work with OpCo leaders to create and maintain workforce staffing plans. Coordinate recruiting efforts with Talent Acquisition (where applicable) to ensure that competent, diverse, and skilled workers are hired and workload levels are appropriate and maintained, and work to minimize turnover.
- Compensation and Benefits: Oversee all benefits and compensation policies, procedures, and programs. Provide guidance on benefits and compensation strategy planning and administration. Communicate all benefit and compensation programs to associates.
- Training: Oversee the execution and delivery of all local training for all associates, including the supervision of a Training Manager (where applicable). Deliver leadership training for all OpCo leaders on various HR topics, including ethics, labor laws, policies, and procedures. Oversee administration of Sysco Interactive University programs as well as Sysco’s STEP program.
- HR Team: Provide day-to-day direction and support to HR staff (where applicable) including proactive guidance, troubleshooting support, and issue escalation.
- Systems Applications and Products (SAP) experience preferred
Education and / or Experience:
- At least 7 years of exempt-level Sysco Human Resources experience; OR a Bachelor’s degree with major or emphasis in Human Resources, Business Administration or a closely related field and at least 7 years (10 preferred) of demonstrated strategic HR leadership and management experience.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to HR and business practices
- Strong consultative, presentation, and business communication skills
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Speaking & Speech Clarity: Talking to others to convey information effectively and the ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Oral Comprehension: Listening to and understanding information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Written Comprehension: Reading and understanding information and ideas presented in writing.
- Oral Expression: Communicating information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Expression: Communicating information and ideas in writing so others will understand
- Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Negotiation: Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Deductive Reasoning: Applying general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Problem Sensitivity: Perceiving when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Fluency of Ideas: Coming up with a number of ideas about a topic (the number of ideas is important, not their quality, correctness, or creativity).
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) Professional Human Resources (PHR), Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR), SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP certification preferred
- Valid driver’s license and driving record meeting Sysco standards
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The ability to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- The ability to frequently sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies.
- Must be able to utilize office equipment such as desktop/notebook computers, copiers, printers, scanners, telephones, and calculators.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be able to work in various indoor and outdoor climates and driving conditions.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time