Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Customer Service Representative
Company: FreshPoint South Texas
Location: US-TX-San Antonio
Zip Code: 78218
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
FreshPoint South Texas
Responsible for the receipt of customer produce and/or grocery orders by telephone, fax or e-mail and the accurate data entry into the computer system. The answering of all incoming telephone calls.
- Answering phones professionally and courteously
- Answer phone timely
- Key in orders using computer knowledge (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Customer specifications – know all customers and what they normally order
- Learn and know our products
- Suggestive sell specialty items
- Communicate markets, pricing, and availability of product to customers
- Send to customer upon request: order guides, faxing, and any other customer related requests
- Be attentive to customers and alert to their wants and needs.
- When appropriate, communicate to management the wants and needs of the customers
- A positive, courteous and professional manner will be maintained at all times.
- Other duties as assigned
- Work overtime as required
- Good attendance and adherence to the work schedule
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One year of customer service experience
- Must be able to communicate well with others
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Proficient in basic computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Must be a team player
- One year of food industry experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Works in the office, occasionally in the warehouse
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear on the telephone. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, and sit for extended periods and perform repetitive movements in wrists and arms on a frequent basis.
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Building Alignment
- Earning Trust through Results
- Living the Culture
- Developing Talent
- Initiating / Facilitating / Sustaining Change
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time