Market Lead,Sales Learning & Development- South Market
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This position will office out of the Houston OpCo. Relocation required
This leadership position provides oversight of the high level execution and continual assessment of market training programs and initiatives current and future for all of the OpCo’s in the market. Center-led training activities include: Implementation of regional market based new hire onboarding training sessions, DSM Development programs and ongoing development training including, but not limited to, Marketing Associates and District Managers.
This position is responsible for the execution of market training initiatives to foster top level sales and leadership talent. To cultivate a high performance training team comprised of dotted line alignment to local OpCo Learning and Development Managers enables this position to partner and directly impact the collaboration of center-led and OpCo execution to deliver consistency and focus on optimizing our sales performance and leadership capability.
- This individual contributes to the development, engagement, deployment and execution of market based training objectives.
This will include, but not be limited to:
- Work with key internal departments within the market as required (Human Resources, Sales, Legal, etc.) to ensure all training initiatives are executed within the market and aligned to business needs; Develop and leverage partnerships in market; nurture open dialog with market president, sales leaders and senior management regarding OpCo specific sales training challenges or sales participant performance.
- Deliver effective communication to the market by promoting frequent dialog with market president and senior leadership within your market to connect on program updates or changes, training challenges, quick wins, or benchmark metrics. Provide feedback on local training programs and assist or advise on the on-boarding of local OpCo trainers as needed.
- Provide supervision and development opportunities by recommending, designing or delivering business focused learning solutions for training team and managing market and local training teams to work in concert to deliver relevant training programming with actionable steps to growing sales profitably or leading courageously.
- Identify and raise awareness of training gaps in the curriculum with Content Team and Sr. Director. Stay close to initiatives that drive changes to our existing curriculum to ensure our program content is the most up to date.
- Establish and manage annual training calendar of events for market. Communicate calendar with local OpCo sales leadership.
- Advance the development of subject matter expert training teams and individuals that contribute to market based programs by providing training delivery feedback and content development support.
- Review program feedback solicited of participants to ensure training objectives are being met and subject matter expertise is well aligned; Assess impact and develop tools for measuring program training effectiveness
- Coach and mentor the training team to continue to provide oversight to the marketing associates as they transition from training into territory and the managers as they navigate leading their teams; communicate with leadership accordingly.
- Drive accountability with the local leadership and field support teams with all the OpCos in the market; continue to act as a conscious resource.
- Coordinate and accomplish 7-9 onboarding programs, 2-3 development workshops, ongoing sales development training that fosters continuous sales skill growth. Corporate and Market meeting content development and execution as needed.
- Open and fearless communication with other peer positions in other markets to establish concurrent curriculum and ensure consistency of program is being upheld.
- Deep understanding of the food service industry; intimate knowledge of the MA and DSM job functions, company proprietary computer programs, policies, procedures, and Sysco’s business metrics.
- Ability to lead, coach, mentor forward a team with diverse knowledge, skills and abilities to achieve common goals and objectives.
- Strong program management, strategic thinking, creative thinking, and problem solving characteristics. Thinks and acts proactively and directs resources and stakeholders accordingly.
- Capacity to multi-task and prioritize concurrent projects and programs autonomously to meet established deadlines.
- Demonstrate professional facilitation of training content or meeting execution. Maintain working knowledge of all learning products and material to support team members. Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications.
- Demonstrate well developed influencing skills with the ability to easily connect in a credible manner with OPCO and market leadership.
Education and / or Experience:
- 4 year bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in sales or training role; equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience working in a project, results-driven or field engagement type role is strongly preferred.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- A minimum of 50% to 60% travel may be required in this role.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employeewill be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time