Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 6
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Brief description: The Vendor Manager acts as the primary point of contact between IT and its various solution partners. This individual will play a lead role in the decisions surrounding the company’s choice in vendors for software, hardware, consulting, services and other types of vendors used by the company.
Supervisor: Director, BT Procurement
Description of Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains successful relationships with vendor contacts at all levels of the organization.
- Participates in Sysco’s strategic direction/initiatives and ensures vendor programs are in alignment.
- Acts as central point of contact for vendor.
- Collaborates with business partners to create clear program goals. Communicates goals internally so staff is aware of expectations and consequences.
- Understands the business and technical drivers behind the acquisition of software, hardware and services, and translates into contractual language.
- Leads contract negotiations and coordinates the review and approval process between all involved parties.
- Creates synergy across accounts within the Sysco’s partner relationships.
- Collaborates with other teams and provides periodic feedback to vendors to ensure quality; review results against goals via an account scorecard; proactively reviews scorecards to preempt customer dissatisfaction.
- Understands the lifecycle of enterprise applications and has experience in various stages of the requirements gathering and application development processes.
- Experienced in evaluating the impact of Service Levels Agreements (SLA) on the business and technical functions, and establishing SLAs from simple software/hardware agreements to the more complex hosting and services agreements; involved in the process of establishing SLA and metrics scorecard including quality measurements.
- Performs industry analysis for emerging technologies, user groups, etc. in conjunction with company’s strategic initiatives.
- Manages the evaluation, selection, and on-boarding of IT-related vendors.
- Collaborates with areas of IT to ensure vendor partners are effectively managed and contracts are fully leveraged.
- Provides escalation point and manages escalated issues through resolution.
- Drives ongoing process improvement to deliver increased operational efficiency in all business partner processes.
- Develops processes by which vendors are evaluated and selected in accordance with company guidelines and best practices.
- Ensures that each vendor meets the company criteria, according to established guidelines (documentation, quality, business practices, ethics, availability of staff, etc.).
- Ultimately responsible for all vendor contracts and compliance (licensure, insurance requirements, etc).
- Provides input as needed for budgeting and profit planning.
- Works collaboratively with the BT Finance group in reviewing purchase orders and invoices as needed.
- Regularly collaborates with vendors on potential program improvements.
- Works with functional owners to identify potential areas of improvement.
- Coordinates I.T.-related information gathering to support potential litigation when needed.
- Assists in the development of department management reports relating to IT vendors.
- Experience responding to software audits and experience with SAS70, Sarbanes-Oxley, PCI, or other compliance audit activities.
- Degree in Business Management, Supply Chain or Information Technology
Experience and Skills
- Six to eight years of related experience in information technology, supply chain
- Knowledge in multiple facets of business including but not limited to financials, logistics/transportation, warehouse operations, inventory control and forecasting, and IT.
- In-depth vendor management experience with managed services providers.
- Ability to work in a high activity/fast paced environment while managing associated stress.
- Readily accepts new changes and is seen as a champion for the change management process; open to new ideas.
- Demonstrates understanding of vendor management concepts and implementation techniques including contract negotiation and vendor performance monitoring.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- Current knowledge of industry technical standards and alternatives.
- Demonstrates ability to define and manage processes.
- Knowledge of industry best practices in contract negotiation.
- Strong experience completing vendor evaluations and preparing RFPs.
- Ability to prepare and effectively lead negotiation sessions.
- Familiarity with legal terms and ability to communicate effectively with legal counsel.
- Superior interpersonal skills; is seen as a mediator with ability to diffuse potential conflicts between people and/or groups.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to facilitate meetings, conduct presentation sessions and effectively lead discussions.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management and staff.
- Demonstrates superior level of professional maturity; continues self-assessment and improvement.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of project management methodologies.
- Experience in vendor pricing methods e.g., rate cards and pricing methodologies.
- Complies with company ethics policies.
- Travels when required to fulfill tasks assigned.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time