Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Analyst, Transfer Cost
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
This role will be responsible for analysis, reporting, and implementation required to support Sysco’s Market Relevant Cost activities. The analyst is responsible for providing data and pricing insights to inform the market relevant strategy and transfer cost decision and for generating scenarios of costing impact. Cost changes and impact assessments resulting from ongoing category changes will be handled as well. An understanding of Sysco’s costing mechanisms is required to effectively implement the strategy results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop category pricing architecture and analyze pricing behavior to inform transfer cost strategy
- Conduct analytics to build the fact base in support of market relevant costing decisions
- Perform market relevant costing workbook creation
- Contribute ideas leading to continual improvement to the market relevant cost process at Sysco
- Develop any adhoc costing related reports needed to support Revenue Management initiatives
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree required
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 1-3 years of business analytics experience
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access
- Experience in programming languages (SQL, R, Visual Basic), Tableau, and Business Objects
- Wholesale food distribution or consumer packaged goods industry experience a significant advantage
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Ability to take a business question or problem and develop structured data analytics to answer or solve problem with guidance
- Able to perform quantitative analysis of large data sets using appropriate analytical tools
- Ability to pull disparate pieces of data together to form a coherent story
- Possesses a strong general business acumen
- Strong motivation to continuously enhance analytical capabilities
- Ability to participate in multiple work streams/projects in a fast paced environment, adapting to shifting priorities and meeting deadlines
- Collaborative team player who is able to synthesize feedback and direction from multiple stakeholders
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to aid in the development of effective presentations to key stakeholders
- Able to appropriately tailor messages and mediums to suit the targeted audience with guidance
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The associate is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- This position must be performed from the Corporate facility in Houston, Texas.
- Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Sysco is committed to providing comprehensive retirement and benefits programs, a stock purchase plan, product purchase discounts and much more!
Background & Drug Screen. EOE.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time