Supply Chain Analyst II
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
The Supply Chain Analyst (Level II), Customer Supply Chain Solutions be part of a team of supply chain professionals dedicated to specific customer market segments (Restaurant, Foodservice Management or Healthcare/Retail/Travel) to develop tailored supply chain strategies and offerings to each vertical in order to increase Sysco sales opportunities and profitability with mutual benefit for customers.
The team will collaborate with Customers, Sales, Marketing, Merchandising, and Operations functions and leverage end-to-end distribution network models to develop alternative distribution offerings to customers that combine sources of supply, proprietary items and delivery points to deliver the best supply chain costs. The ability to perform this complex work quickly and accurately is a differentiator for Sysco relative to its traditional and non-traditional competitors.
Responsibilities include, to serve as project leader and business matter expert in the area of supply chain applied to CMU customer opportunities. Responsible for leading and managing multiple projects involving customer and operating data collection, operational and cost modeling, supply chain alignment modeling, alternative sources of supply and transportation modeling in the context of existing and future CMU customers. Works directly with sales organization, customer representatives, Sysco operations and other functional areas to provide end to end supply chain solutions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide business matter expertise and lead supply chain solution design, modeling and analysis with direct Sales and Customer engagement.
- Works directly with Sales and Finance to develop fully costed distribution offers to future customers.
- Works cross functionally to review performance of current CMU accounts, identify improvement opportunities and propose alternative distribution models.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities for improving efficiency, effectiveness and capabilities of the current supply chain analysis processes.
- Model, analyze and compare various supply chain scenarios using supply chain optimization tools
- Coordinate with key stakeholders and help in developing strategies, assumptions and supply chain analysis deliverables.
- Communicate with internal and external customer to understand the business model and obtain current state costs.
- Undertake ownership of future state cost/savings analysis and present results and influence management
- Collaborate with internal and external teams and nurture trust for smooth transition of project from the analysis phase to the execution phase
- Working with junior analysts to drive project performance and manage project timelines, for multiple projects concurrently
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (Operations Management/Supply Chain Management/Distribution and logistics), Industrial Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Finance or a closely related field.
- 3+ years of business analytics experience in supply chain or cost modeling, preferrable in a high volume, multi-locatoin, distribution environment, concentrating on supply chain modeling and analysis
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills to interact with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Strong quantitative problem solver who can structure complex issues and interpret large data sets comfortably
- Analytical thinker who can draw sound business conclusions from multiple sources of information
- Self driven individual who is able to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with various levels of Sysco management/depart,emts and external partners/suppliers.
- Able to work independently and proactively with limited supervision
- Exceptional Excel skills with extensive knowledge and expereince handling large datasets
- Experience of using Microsoft Access and SQL Server preferred.
- Understanding of applications of mixed integer programming based modeling tools such as i2 Supply Chain Strategist, Infor CAPS Supply Chain Designer or other tools developed in-house.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The associate is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- This position must be performed from the corporate facility in Houston, Texas.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Sysco is committed to providing comprehensive retirement and benefits programs, a stock purchase plan, product purchase discounts and much more!
Background & Drug Screen. EOE.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time