Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Mgr, Carrier Development
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: BSCC Corporate
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Manage intermodal and rail bids, rates and routing for dry and refrigerated intermodal and rail carriers. Work with the truckload carrier capacity group to convert truck lanes to intermodal or rail to increase LEI savings and provide additional transportation capacity. Assist the NITC group when they have issues with Intermodal /rail carriers. Continually support the SCIM and Supply Chain Planning groups with rates for analysis for possible mode conversions to intermodal and rail. Manage intermodal and rail carrier relationships and conduct quarterly service reviews to insure IMC’s and railroads are meeting Sysco’s core carrier guidelines and service levels.
- Secure and manage Cost Effective Carrier Capacity to support the Produce Supply Chain
- Develop cost savings initiatives through business case work including mode shifts and supplier conversions
- Assist in the national, regional and category management bids. Manage the entire process from bid strategy to final award
- Responsible for ensuring Routing Guide Compliance
- Work with transportation invoicing and audit department to resolve issues with regard to payment and rates.
- Responsible for managing carrier base of 25 to 75 carriers
- Conduct business review with top carriers on monthly & quarterly basis
- Address carrier performance and develop & implement action plans to improve service
- Responsible for supporting 4 US Markets and 1 Canadian Market all OPCOs within those markets
- Develop a culture of Continuous Process Improvement
- Work closely with Produce Management including SMS and Produce Marketing Directors, Market Logistics Teams, and other internal teams on Supply Chain activities & initiatives
- Responsible for delivering against financial & operational metrics for assigned Markets & OPCOs
- Develop & implement action plans to address underperforming lanes, carriers, OPCOs & Markets
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university
- 3 – 5 years of experience in the transportation industry .
- Experience in Produce Transportation
- Stong understanding of the food industry specifically Produce.
- Working knowledge of US DOT regulations.
- Negotiating skills and experience working with project management metrics.
- Must be able to resolve problems, handle issues quickly and communicate effectively.
- Able to present data to upper management, suppliers, customers and peers.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft word, excel, power point and access.
- Knowledge of EDW and Manhattan TMS a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time