Company: Buckhead Beef Atlanta
Location: US-GA-College Park
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
The Utility worker is responsible for various tasks throughout the production area. These tasks may include packaging trimmings, debagging raw materials, and loading materials into the streamline in-feed hoppers. Other tasks may be assigned as needed to facilitate production.
Employees receive a copy of Buckhead Beef’s organizational reporting structure at time of hire. It is also posted in the training room.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
Each employee is responsible for the food safety and quality of our products.
- Trim Station: Accurately and safely fill, weigh, and seal boxes of production trim. Assure that all trim is passed through the inline metal detector prior to packaging. Paletize and label all completed boxes for transfer to the freezer.
- Debagging Station: Open vacuum packaged product for processing in the production facility. Assure that all product is passed through the intervention cabinets and that the cabinets are operational. Assure that proper product separation is maintained while processing through intervention cabinets.
- Stock Product Picking: Retrieve finished products from stock to fill orders directly or prepare finished items for rework.
- Production Quality Assessments: Review produced products for weigh tolerances and trim quality. Report all findings to Production Supervisors.
- Raw Materials Auditing: Audit raw materials for supplier specifications and report findings to Production Supervisors.
- Yield Testing: Complete yield tests at the direction of production supervisors.
- Safely and effectively utilize hand tools, knives, strappers and conveyors to complete assigned job tasks.
- Provide communication to supervisor of any discrepancies between cutting tickets and normal customer purchases.
- Properly label all products and equipment to conform to all legal and safety regulations.
- Properly and accurately distribute products to assigned containers or conveyors for packaging or further processing.
- Ensure that all product specifications are being met according to guidelines.
- Maintain work areas in compliance with HACCP and Sysco Corp. guidelines.
- Properly clean, store and maintain all knives, scales, etc. assigned to the employee.
- Maintain profitability by monitoring product yields and meeting deadlines for product readiness.
Other Functions and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Know and understand the company’s safety, food safety, and health goals and their objectives. Assist the company in achieving these goals by participating in the safety program.
- Help develop and follow all safe work practices.
- Report all non-compliances, accidents, injuries or illnesses to supervisor immediately.
- GMPs: Promoting Personal Hygiene
- GMPs: Effective Hand Washing Techniques
- Foodborne Illness & Employee Reporting
- Preventing Food Contamination
- Overview of HACCP Basics
- Basic Food Facility Security
- Job/task performance
- Annual refresher training
For questions regarding the status of your application, please call 404-355-4400
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Buckhead Beef Atlanta is proud to be an EEO/AA employer - M/F/D/V.
This opportunity is available through Buckhead Beef Atlanta. This is not a Corporate position.
All hiring decisions will be made at the sole discretion of Buckhead Beef Atlanta.Employment Type: Full Time