Sr Mgr, Market Logistics Management
Company: BSCC Corporate
Location: US-TX- HOUSTON
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 7
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
The Sr. Manager of Market Logistics Management will lead a team of Market Logistics Managers effectively developing a highly functional and profitable inbound supply chain solutions network in support of Sysco’s enterprise wide supply chain goals. Support the inbound transportation needs of the supply chain network with highest levels of service at the lowest sustainable cost. Work with staff and peers to implement changes that have positive effects on the network and Sysco’s overall service & financial performance. Manage the activities of the Market Logistics Managers and Logistics Coordinators to deliver on the organizational goals described above.
- Lead team of associates in realizing Sysco’s Inbound supply chain strategy and financial / operational performance goals. Responsible for developing Market Logistics Managers and Logistics Planners to successfully fill key leadership roles. Build a strong, effective market team by developing, coaching, and mentoring team members
- Develops and performs opportunity assessment for improvement, sets expectations, and implements process to reach performance goals while maintaining solid accountability practices across these projects. Responsibility for their specific market’s freight revenue, cost improvement initiatives, and creation of an atmosphere to optimize Logistics earned income. Directs market wide inbound supply chain process design, implementation, management, and communication across all stakeholders.
- Monitor ongoing activities in specific markets, ensuring compliance to process, and communicating to executive level when off track performance arises and OpCo’s are failing to comply with recommendations.
- Provide management oversight in the development of Inbound Logistics Business Reviews to field leadership on a periodic basis reflecting profitability & service metrics, and opportunities for improvement.
- Provide leadership cross functionally related to the realization of market level logistics financial expectations. This includes financial plan development, communication, and accountability.
- Minimum of 7 years supply chain related experience
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required or an equivalent combination of education and work experience; Degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations or Engineering a plus
- Advanced knowledge of supply chain management, logistics, distribution and transportation.
- Advanced presentation, analytical and computer skills, including proficiency with MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Advanced ability to analyze, communicate and disseminate numerical data, develop and follow policies / procedures, identify and solve problems.
- Advanced ability to effectively develop and present information and respond to questions from groups of senior management, customers, suppliers, and carriers in a corporate business setting.
- Advanced ability to plan and organize work in a dynamic and fluid environment.
- Highly skilled in the following competencies: leadership, communication (verbal & written), building alignment, leading change, driving results and ownership.
- Ability to maintain a strategic view while accomplishing tactical exercises ensuring regional and national optimization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time