Company: FreshPoint Denver
Zip Code: 80216
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
More information about this job:
At FreshPoint, we’re all about People. Passion. Produce! FreshPoint is North America’s largest exclusively owned produce distributor. We purchase unique and seasonal products that support local farms and growers. But we’re much more than just produce. As a Sysco owned company, we provide the benefits and resources of a fortune 100 enterprise with a real family feel.
Opportunity is knocking! At FreshPoint we understand that building a great company is just like creating a great meal - you must have all the right ingredients. For us, those ingredients are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas, and experiences behind our diverse workforce that embodies FreshPoint. FreshPoint is a leader in selling, marketing and distributing produce, dairy and other food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from the home.
Are you passionate?
If so, apply now for your fresh start with FreshPoint
Tomatoes - Packer
FreshPoint Denver (a Sysco Company) is a leader in the food service industry delivering fresh produce to our customers throughout Colorado. We currently have an exciting
opportunity for a Tomato Packer role who is a self-starter and able to work independently and as part of a team.
Basic Job Concept:
Tomato Packers assure that produce of the highest quality is packed in appropriate containers at an acceptable productivity level.
- Responsible for identifying the different ripening stages, size, and classification including color stages of tomatoes and packing them accordingly.
- Responsible for handling of tomatoes carefully to prevent bruising or blemishes of the product.
- Meet Company Expectations pack 18 cases an hour.
- Responsible for adhering to sanitation and safety procedures for handling and production of tomatoes according to AIB standards.
- Responsible for the general cleaning of tomato work area.
- Weekends and holidays may be required
- Good attendance and adherence to work schedule
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager
- High School Diploma or G.E.D
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to perform work assignments at an acceptable productivity level.
- General understanding of warehouse operations (Preferred, not required)
- Food or Produce experience (Preferred, not required)
- Good communication skills
- Able to lift 25 lb to 50 lbs boxes of produce.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, reach, push, pull, squat, turn body and walk.
- Must be able to stoop and bend frequently.
- Use hands and fingers to peel and stick labels on cases
- Handle and feel objects and or equipment controls, reach with hands and arms
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and meet legally mandated safety standards required to perform the job.
- Have the ability to respond quickly to instructions in a noisy, fast-paced work environment
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English
Competitive Wages, plus an activity based compensation
Paid Time Off –Vacation, Personal days, Sick time, Holiday Pay
Medical, Dental, Vision Care and more
Free On-line learning (over 2000 courses and over 200 certifications).
Hundreds of Discounts (Cell phone discounts, insurance, tickets, etc.)
Weekly Produce Boxes available for all associate - 10 pound of produce for $5!
Opportunity to purchase Company Stock at a 15% discounted rate
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Freshpoint is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time