Company: Newport Meat Northern California
Zip Code: 94539
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Job Summary: Maintenance of the buildings, equipment, and related facilities and systems. Perform related work to ensure maximum production quantity and quality.
Reports to: Maintenance Manager Salary Type: Non-Exempt
- Implement and maintain preventive maintenance on all equipment and machinery within the plant, as noted in the equipment manufacturer's guidelines.
- Visually inspect and test machinery to detect malfunction. Communicate equipment problems to operations staff as needed. Ensure safety procedures in use consistently. (Lock out, tag out, etc.)
- Diagnose problems, dismantle defective machines and equipment, and install new or repaired parts, following the specifications set forth in blueprints, manuals, and schematic drawings.
- Building maintenance and lighting (plumbing repair, changing lamps & ballasts, light remodeling, refrigeration systems, etc.).
- Repair electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Require to follow GMP's and Safety Regulations.
- Responsible for working until relieved by supervisor/ manager. This may require working longer than schedule work hours.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and conversions to determine amounts and sizes of products needed for orders.
- Ability to adjust to sudden changes and operational goals.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic circuits and machinery that incorporates one or all of these.
- Ability to use precision measuring tools and use math at the Algebra/Trigonometry level.
- Proficiency with electrical testing and measuring instruments (meters)
- Knowledge of PLC and servo controls and how they function.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to use a wide variety of tools, both hand and power.
- Commitment to work until job is completed.
- Interacts well with others.
- Good team player.
- Must be flexible to changing procedures/priorities.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Newport Meat Northern California is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.