Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Corporate Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Summary of Position
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Carrier Development, the Carrier Development Manager (CDM) is an individual contributor who will serve as a key change agent and/or resource to help drive the following: continuous process improvements, carrier high-performance service levels, carrier relationship management and cost management activities. The associate will support key business projects that ensure carrier capacity is secured for Sysco controlled freight supporting Sysco Network including all specialty companies and Redistribution Centers. This includes using efficient procurement practices for transportation services at the best sustainable cost while meeting service performance targets support key.
Responsible for the efficient procurement practices of transportation services supporting inbound loads in Sysco’s North American Broadline & Specialty Companies.
- Developing cost effective, and high service performing carrier capacity for inbound loads sourced in the U.S. and Canada inbound to Sysco’s North American Broadline & Specialty Companies – negotiating rates, ensure capacity to support Merchandizing teams.
- Identify gaps in carrier lane coverage, partnering with strategic & core carriers to ensure service performance standards are met for inbound loads.
- Negotiate with carriers on rates when required to mitigate cost increases and/or improve service performance.
- Work with carriers to increase load tender acceptance levels including mode conversions opportunities, number of stops, reduce driver dwell time, etc.
- Assist in the national, and/or regional sourcing (RFP) activities. Support the entire process from sourcing (RFP) strategy to final carrier award.
- Identify load-fill improvement opportunities and work with Merchandising teams to solidify actions to drive financial benefits.
- Improve both carrier service performance & cost impacts through load frequency reviews, load share opportunities, and mode changes.
- Support the Sr. Carrier Development Manager with ad hoc requests, developing & presenting Market Reviews.
- Work with transportation invoicing and audit department to resolve carrier issues with regard to payment and rates.
- Be a liaison regarding inbound claims for carriers, Sysco Merchandising and Supply Chain Services (SMS), OpCo and Supplier when necessary.
- Market Intelligence – Share analysis and understanding of current carrier market conditions with Merchandising teams and others where appropriate.
- Responsible for ensuring Rating and Routing Guide Compliance, following Lane Rate Approval process, and data integrity within TMS.
- Enforce Sysco Carrier Operational Guidelines.
- Supplier Conversions – work with CoE to convert delivered supplier to FOB utilizing TMS creating cost savings resulting in increased Logistics Earned Income (LEI).
This position resides within Houston, TX and has a contributory service and financial impact to the Sysco Merchandising and Supply Chain Services (SMS) entities.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university is preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years transportation experience required
- Railroad and LTL experience is a plus
- Carrier management experience with a large shipper is plus
- Refrigerated transportation experience is plus
- Contract negotiation and management required
- Analytical skills plus
- Food service or grocery experience is plus
Technical Skills and Abilities
- Negotiations – Possess strong negotiation skills, including methodology and planning preparation. Prepare for and conduct negotiations in alignment with sourcing strategy driving outcomes legitimate to both parties.
- Carrier Selection & Contracting – Identify and qualify carrier through rigorous criteria in accordance with sourcing strategy or ad hoc and enforces established robust contract agreements.
- Understand and comply with Sysco Corp. policies, procedures and business conduct, customs, governmental policies, and environmental regulations
- Financial Analysis and Planning – Holistic approaches for applying processes and tools related to cost management and financial analysis to maximize margins and cash flow.
- Conduct and leverage predictive spend analysis and understand policies and controls to ensure compliance. Strong Analytical capabilities.
- Carrier Relationship Management – Demonstrates the ability to use a range of tools and techniques to improve carrier performance. Effectively works with carriers to unlock value from the relationship. Implement Performance Metrics & Tracking, which creates measures and supporting data utilized to determine if the sourcing strategies are meeting their objectives in the most efficient way.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time