Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Corporate Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 6
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
Support business and IT strategies assisting with identifying specific technology risks and designing appropriate controls and process efficiencies to manage risk, reduce costs and facilitate overall business improvement. Partner with all aspects of IT and operational leadership to deliver IT risk and control guidance with comprehensive enterprise-wide scope including the identification and establishment of effective internal controls within the various technology platforms supporting Sysco’s business processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with all project teams to ensure technology risks are identified and appropriate internal controls hare designed, developed and implemented to mitigate the risk.
- Collaborate with various Technology teams to better understand the changes that are being planned or implemented and to provide guidance on updating process and control related issues.
- Act as a center of expertise and coaching the IT department regarding IT Risks and IT Compliance activities and leading practices.
- Assist individual Sysco entities with questions regarding IT risk and internal controls help to build consistent compliance throughout the enterprise
- Identify areas of improvement and help drive future efforts to better streamline and standardize processes within Information Technology.
- Develop and maintain documentation to support critical IT processes and internal controls
- Implement monitoring procedures to ensure identified IT controls and in place and operating as intended.
- Assist with updating and maintaining Sysco’s Financial Accounting Methods Manual (FAMM)
- Provides oversight over the maintenance of Sysco’s standard Chart of Accounts (CoA) definitions including the enterprise GL Account mapping and definition reference document
- Performing operational and financial system data validation and integrity reviews based on understanding the end-to-end business process streams and supporting technology infrastructure
- Evaluates IT processes and procedures to identify opportunities to gain efficiencies or improve effectiveness developing and maintaining policies to support the revised processes
- Support Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and budgeting process for corporate cost centers
- Assist in providing Internal Control support for major Corporate and Technology initiatives
- Coordinates and liaises closely with Corporate Financial Reporting, Shared Services Accounting, FP&A, Field Finance and operations management as appropriate
- Oversee the development of integrated training materials to facilitate knowledge sharing and compliance with enterprise policies and procedures
- Special projects as assigned
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
- MBA preferred or BBA with an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job
- Minimum of 6 to 8 years of work experience with emphasis on areas such a process design, business analytics, report development controls implementation and monitoring, policy development and financial modeling
- Strong control focus with exposure to multiple business functions and excellent business partnering skills
- Expertise in the risk and controls aspects specific to various technology platforms and environments including Workday Financials, Workday HCM, Peoplesoft, AS/400, UNIX/AIX, Windows, Office 365, Sales Force, etc.
- Experience with developing IT specific policies, processes, procedures and standards
- Previous experience in foodservice or foodservice distribution industry preferred
- Previous internal or external audit experience preferred
- Solid understanding of Sysco’s organizational structure including the various operating/reporting verticals (USBL, Sysco Canada, SYGMA, FreshPoint, Specialty Meat, Guest Supply, International)
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
- CPA, CIA, or CISA designation is a plus but not required.
- Working knowledge of key systems and applications including Workday Financials, Workday HCM, SUS, SWIMS, BPC, SPIN, Liberty, etc.
- Strong technical skills and in-depth experience working with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of Access, MS Project and SharePoint tools
ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Build Effective Relationships: Ability to quickly gain trust and support of peers, customers and stakeholders working collaboratively across the enterprise to achieve results and goals
- Facilitating/Leading Change: Seeking opportunities for different or innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace
- Follow-Up: Monitoring and communicating the results of assignments, projects considering the level and skills of the assigned individuals and requirements of the activity
- Communication: Clearly conveying information and analysis in a concise and effective manner. Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- Decision Making: Obtaining information and identifying key relevant issues to arrive at logical decisions. Working with the proper parties to gather and analyze information in order to make key decisions
- Strong skills in problem solving, team building and total quality management
- Ability to prepare reports and present ideas clearly and concisely to all levels of management
- Ability to work independently developing and maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Works productively across the enterprise and partners with others to achieve shared goals
- Speaks and acts with complete honesty and trustworthiness
KEY INTERNAL/EXTERNAL CONTACTS
- Business process leaders both within and outside of Finance including AP, Credit, AR, Tax, Fixed Assets, Sales, HR, Supply Chain, Procurement, etc.
- Operating company and local entity CFOs and finance leaders
- Corporate Senior Management
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse. In addition must be able to use the telephone to effectively communicate. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with arms and hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items up to 20 pounds.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Corporate Enclave is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time