Company: Guest Supply
Zip Code: 08873
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Who We Are:
Guest Supply is a leading global manufacturer and distributor to the Travel and Leisure industry, providing products to over 25,000 hotels in 109 countries. We manufacture personal care amenities and a full range of textiles, and, we distribute nearly everything else you find in the hotel public guest areas in the hotel room. Recently achieving a billion dollars in annual revenue, Guest Supply has grown its business by over 200% in the last 7 years. Guest Supply is also a wholly owned subsidiary of Sysco. Sysco is a 54 billion dollar, industry leading, global food and beverage distribution company, employing thousands of employees worldwide and home to the 13th largest sales organization in the world.
The Warehouse Electrician and Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for providing general maintenance and electrical work to both Sayreville buildings. Repair, maintain electrical machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, dock doors & levelers, facility machines, racks, stretch wrap equipment, HVAC’s and all other building equipment. Follow preventative maintenance schedules for equipment, and buildings. Comply with all GMP, housekeeping and safety practices standards. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to compliance with government regulations, ensuring safety and security of the building, its contents and people and management. Follow direction from maintenance supervisor. Maintain positive and productive relationships.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
· High school diploma or (GED); and/or trade school certificate.
· 3 years building and equipment maintenance/repair experience
· Ability to read and comprehend equipment manuals and blueprints-schematics.
· Able to engage in repetitive lifting up to 50 pounds.
· Basic plumbing, electrical, millwright and rigging.
· Able to use machine shop tools i.e. lathe, end mill, band saw, chop saw
· Ability to multi task and be effective with time management
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but involved written and oral instructions
· Ability to read and understand instructions spoken in English
· Perform daily work assignments as given by the Department manager and complete work orders.
· Maintain parts and supplies inventory.
· Identify /report potential safety issues. Identify improvement opportunities.
· Attend and participate in Safety Committee and monthly area safety meetings, trainings and perform monthly safety inspections.
· Employee most abide by all safety and GMP practices as well as company policies
· Maintain housekeeping
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Guest Supply is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time