Company: FreshPoint South Florida
Location: US-FL-Pompano Beach
Zip Code: 33069
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At FreshPoint, we’re all about People. Passion. Produce! FreshPoint is North America’s largest exclusively owned produce distributor. We purchase unique and seasonal products that support local farms and growers. But we’re much more than just produce. As a Sysco owned company, we provide the benefits and resources of a fortune 100 enterprise with a real family feel.
Opportunity is knocking! At FreshPoint we understand that building a great company is just like creating a great meal - you must have all the right ingredients. For us, those ingredients are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas, and experiences behind our diverse workforce that embodies FreshPoint. FreshPoint is a leader in selling, marketing and distributing produce, dairy and other food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from the home.
Are you passionate?
If so, apply now for your fresh start with FreshPoint.
General Purpose of the Position:
Maintain and increase market share by satisfying customer needs and meeting management objectives.
- Identify customer needs and satisfy them profitably.
- Maintain existing customer base through effective customer service skills.
- Identify lost/split customers and inform manager.
- Foster solid working relationships with other departments.
- Follow through with customer requests.
- Understand edit procedure, operate the phone system and by cross training to run necessary reports as needed.
- Maintain open communications with DSR’s.
- Answer phone calls within three (3) rings.
- Never leave sales office unattended.
- Introduce new items to customers.
- Suggestively sell product we are long on.
- Input orders into computer system.
- Advise customers of operational procedures (special orders, call-in cutoff, etc.).
- Contact all customers assign specific.
- Notify customers daily of items T.O. or substituted.
- Suggestively sell promotional items.
- Work your weekly schedule including scheduled weekends and adhere to work schedule
- Other duties are required by management
- General understanding of distribution and warehousing procedures preferred.
- One (1) year experience in a sales related position preferred.
- Proved ability to communicate effectively to satisfy the customers’ needs.
Customers, Sales Managers, Department Managers, and Receptionists
High school diploma.
The Physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the human resources department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, and sit for extended periods and perform repetitive movements in wrists and arms on a frequent basis. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.Able to be exposed to cold room temperatures ranging from 32 degrees to freezing temperatures in the warehouse.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
FreshPoint is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time