Company: Sysco Western Minnesota
Location: US-MN-St Cloud
Zip Code: 56304
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
This position is located at 900 S Hwy 10, St Cloud, MN, 56304
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for cutting and trimming of meat products as assigned. Standard inventory items fabricating whole muscle meats for further processing. Will also be responsible for ensuring that all packing and cutting guidelines are met along with the GMP’s.
- Adhere to and make sure all plant GMP’s are met.
- Work with steak cutters to improve yields and productivity.
- Ensure the customer specs are being met.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Product knowledge –be able to tell the difference between types of product.
- Knife skills – knowledge of how to portion with maximum yield on product.
- Ensure cooler product is rotated properly.
- Assesses quality of product to ensure that poor quality is not being sent out.
- Works directly with management to control shrink – bring product quality to attention of management so credit can be taken from vendors.
- Accurately cut to trim and yield specifications.
- Pull raw materials and pre-cut inventory according to code dates and report any short shelf-life to the supervisor.
- Properly and accurately record all necessary data to produce assigned cutting yield test.
- Accurately count product inventory levels and maintain.
- Assemble and tear down any equipment in work area.
- Properly clean, store and maintain all knives, scales, etc. assigned.
- Avoid cross contamination by not mixing the different proteins
- Any other duty assigned by production supervisor or manager.
- 18+ years of age
- Pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screening, Background Check).
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and conversions to determine amounts and sizes of products needed for orders.
- Basic reading and writing skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- 1-year related cutting/portion experience preferred.
- Basic knife skills
- High school diploma.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch, and talk and hear. The associate must regularly lift and /or move 40-60 pounds, and occasionally lift 50 - 90 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet, extreme cold and/or humid conditions and slipper/icy environment; moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is constant but is under the OSHA standard. Must be able to work in a cool environment (40 – 50 degrees) on a regular basis.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco Western Minnesota is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time