Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: FreshPoint South Florida
Location: US-FL-Pompano Beach
Zip Code: 33069
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Basic Job Concept:
Responsible for making sure the department is operating efficiently. Responsibilities include delegating tasks and jobs, motivating, developing and disciplining employees, utilizing available man power efficiently, and shipping product following established procedures.
VP of Operations
Day Warehouse Manager
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Secondary education preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience in a production environment a plus.
- General knowledge of produce.
- Solid understanding of produce varieties handled in a wholesale operation.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in a fast paced shipping environment (produce environment preferred).
- Ability to articulate information effectively.
- Ability to evaluate and manage personnel.
- Minimum of one year experience on fork lift, pallet jack, and battery changing equipment.
- Make sure all shippers have critical information before the start of every shift.
- Make sure each shipper fills out Operator pre-trip checklist.
- Move any trucks to the dock and make any adjustments for the shippers to load trucks.
- Whenever we have an airport pick-up fellow threw and make sure it picked up.
- Must ensure customer satisfaction by shipping the correct product, quality product, correct product quantity, and proper loading to protect the product.
- Make sure all produce is loaded and goes on the correct truck in the correct sequence. All product loaded must be transported without damage. Train handlers in proper method of loading trucks.
- Keep warehouse clean and neat at all times.
- Responsible for all products shipped on the trucks (Foodservice and Wholesale) must identify all products according to size, origin, and count before loading.
- Keep a high presence in the cooler to ensure the correct thing are getting done, and answers any questions and deal with any issue they have.
- Make sure we are staying in rotation daily.
- Check Quality of warehouse daily.
- Ensure that the order selectors ship product off the pallets from the first box to the last.
- All special items will receive extra special attention to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Know the correct procedure on all sold items to ensure the right product get to the right customer.
- Check on all items not pulled by the selector. If the item is out of stock, it’s my responsibility to make the proper substitution or buy it off of the market in the morning (Goal is no T.O.’s)
- Document beginning and ending times on the master route list for each shipper.
- Check to make sure all wholesale items are loaded on the right trucks in the right order.
- Make sure all critical care accounts are pulled and checked every night.
- Ensure all new accounts are checked for quality, so the first delivery goes perfect.
- Maintain and watch all new and premium accounts daily.
- Make sure anything we need that can be cut and is not in stock that I follow up with fresh cuts and have them make it.
- Read the inventory daily to make any adjustment.
- Assure that all vehicles being loaded with power equipment have wheels chocked for safety.
- Strictly adhere to all safety rules, and have a 10 min safety meeting with shippers daily.
- Perform other tasks as needed.
- Responsible for all reports sent at end of night.
- Make sure Warehouse is clean before we leave.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English.
- Strong background in computer software including Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows.
The Physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the human resources department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
- Stand for extended periods of time, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, squat, turn body, and walk.
- Lift and move cases (selecting product and placing on a pallet) ranging in weight from 10 lbs to 100 lbs continuously to and from heights ranging from floor to knee, waist, shoulder, and overhead.
- Use hands and fingers to peel and stick labels on cases.
- Handle and feel objects and/or equipment controls; reach with hands and arms.
- Must have the ability to talk and hear; must be able to hear warning horns on moving machinery and equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required to perform this job include close and distance vision, depth perception, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must exhibit a high level of endurance, energy, and strength to successfully perform position.
- Must possess the ability to work in a cold environment for excess periods of time.
While performing the duties of this job, an associate regularly works near moving mechanical apparatus and is regularly exposed to vibration and moderate to high noise levels. The work environment includes congested and high traffic areas, slippery floors, working alongside forklifts, single pallet jacks, electric walk behind jacks and hand carts. Walking and working is done on concrete flooring. Some duties are performed in the warehouse and will require work to be done in varying climates. Temperatures range from zero in the coolers to 95 degrees Fahrenheit or above outdoors. The shift end-time fluctuates with the employer’s daily needs. The associate occasionally works in high and precarious places.
This Job Description is not an employment contract. The company reserves the right to change the job description and the job duties at any time without notice. I certify that I understand the job description, I possess the above qualifications, and that I can perform each of the above functions with or without an accommodation.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
FreshPoint South Florida is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time