Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: FreshPoint South Florida
Location: US-FL-Pompano Beach
Zip Code: 33069
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
General Purpose of the Position:
To oversee the day-to-day functions of the Receiving Department. Coordinate manpower, scheduling, grading, cooler coordination, driver returns, and inventory.
Receiving Leads, Purchasing Department, Department Managers, and Operations Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Two years Supervisory experience.
- Train, motivate, and discipline employees as needed.
- Prepare timely performance evaluations and submit them to Operations Manager.
- Continually review warehouse procedures, modifying and revising operations to create a more efficient and productive operation.
- Communicate daily with Operations Manager on issues that arise throughout the day.
- Recommend manpower needs based on work volume.
- Assist employees if short staffed, drive forklift, unload trucks, etc.
- Ensure that the department cleaning duties are complete on a daily basis.
- Change out power equipment batteries as needed at the end of the shift.
- Ensure that operating expenses are kept at a minimum (i.e., overtime, supplies, etc.)
- Communicate via voicemail to the Sales Department any quality concerns or push sale items.
- Ensure that the driver return product is handled properly and the area is free of returns daily.
- Ensure that the tomato packing process is completed daily.
- Inspect all products upon receipt to ensure the best quality. Call for FDA inspections as needed.
- Ensure that all purchase orders are completed properly, double checked, and turned into purchasing twice a day.
- Responsible for the scheduling of common carriers coming into the facility.
- Ensure proper rotation of the coolers.
- Responsible for weekly inventory counts and adjustments. Reconcile the inventory and review the discrepancy report with the Operations Manager weekly.
- Any other assigned duties.
- Good attendance and adherence to work schedule
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Prefer secondary education.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
FreshPoint South Florida is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time