Company: Newport Meat Southern California
Zip Code: 92606
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Hours: Monday - Friday (M-TH Start 6:30pm - until complete, Fri - Start at 6:00pm until complete, occasional Saturday)
Be a part of a dynamic organization by working for one of Sysco’s specialty meat companies where we provide custom-cut fresh steaks and other meat, seafood and poultry, giving customers dependable quality, selection and freshness.
We offer vacation/sick time, medical/dental benefits, a generous 401K plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Program, product discounts, and more!
In this fast-paced environment, you will be responsible for the entry level tasks in the production department such as opening product, making boxes, running simple machines, boxing trim and learning the basic fundamentals of meat trimming.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Open product and make and dispose of boxes
- Distribute specified meat
- Trim meat to specifications, achieving product yields and meeting deadlines for product readiness
- Properly label all products and equipment to conform to all legal and safety regulations
- Maintain work areas in compliance with USDA guidelines
- Reading, writing and basic math skills needed to read tickets and process special requests
- Good attendance and adherence to work schedule
- Each employee is responsible for the food safety and quality of our products and for reporting food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action (managers, supervisors, QA)
- Adherence to all Good Manufacturing Practices, USDA Guidelines, company policies, Code of Conduct and safety procedures
- Other duties as assigned
The physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Heavy lifting
- Constant bending and squatting
- Work safely with machinery
- Stand in place for a long period of time
- Work in a cold/wet environment
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Newport Meat Southern California is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time