Company: Buckhead Meat and Seafood of Chicago
More information about this job:
This position is located in Hampshire, IL.
M-F Schedule! Food Service Workers encouraged to apply!
We have a great benefit plan to include medical and dental insurance, paid vacations, matching funds to 401k plan, stock purchase program, employee discounts and more!
Be a part of a dynamic organization by working for one of Sysco’s specialty meat companies where we provide custom-cut fresh steaks and other meat, seafood and poultry, giving customers dependable quality, selection and freshness. Steak and seafood cutting distribution facility in Hampshire, IL is seeking full-time Machine Operators to join the team!
Prior experience in meat processing and/or a manufacturing environment is a definite PLUS, but not required!
- Process cut product through a packaging machine
- Create plastic molds based on product specifications
- Package product based on shipping schedule and business needs
- Maintain general housekeeping within the packaging area
- Perform and ensure accuracy in packaging of raw materials
- Observe and abide by all safety policies and procedures
- Perform any and all additional duties requested by supervisor on an “as needed” basis
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consistent compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- To understand and know the company’s safety and health goals and the objectives. Assist the company in achieving these goals by participating in the safety program.
- To help develop and follow all safe work practices.
- To give a written report of unsafe conditions or unsafe acts to management.
- To report all accidents, injuries or illness to managers/supervisors.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Physical strength to lift and maneuver 50-60 pounds. Standing, stooping and climbing are regular activities for this employee. Employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities. Normal levels of eyesight and hearing after correction. Color vision is required. The ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate various processing and material handling equipment is necessary. The ability to smell is required, in order to detect levels of wholesomeness and spoilage.
This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas. These areas are cold and wet and exposure to moving machinery and sharp surfaces area a regular occurrence. This is a high noise area.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Buckhead Meat and Seafood of Chicago is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time