Company: FreshPoint Southern California
Location: US-CA-City of Industry
Zip Code: 91744
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At FreshPoint, we’re all about People. Passion. Produce! FreshPoint is North America’s largest exclusively owned produce distributor. We purchase unique and seasonal products that support local farms and growers. But we’re much more than just produce. As a Sysco owned company, we provide the benefits and resources of a fortune 100 enterprise with a real family feel.
Opportunity is knocking! At FreshPoint we understand that building a great company is just like creating a great meal - you must have all the right ingredients. For us, those ingredients are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas, and experiences behind our diverse workforce that embodies FreshPoint. FreshPoint is a leader in selling, marketing and distributing produce, dairy and other food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from the home.
Are you passionate?
If so, apply now for your fresh start with FreshPoint.
Responsible for checking, inspecting and approving any returned product brought to the facility by our drivers. Inspect and sign off paperwork referencing the returned product.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
· Driver Check-In Functions to include issuing of Credits
· Ensures accuracy of manifests, invoices and all other paperwork
· Ensures Delivery associates quickly remove any pick-ups/back hauls from truck to expedite process and also ensures all documentation is accurate to track back hauls and delay time at shift end.
· Visually Inspect Trucks and Equipment for Damage and Sanitation
· Dispositions product accurately
· Responsible for banding and recouping of resalable product
· Responsible for ensuring all returned product is re-slotted timely
· Document the return of Pallets
· Document the codes on contracted items which will not be re-stocked.
· Review with drivers changes to invoices and ensure proper reason for product return.
· Document the number of cases over on truck
· Issues Credits based on known Overages, Shorts and Damages
· Keep the area clean and neat at all times.
· Coordinates product dumping with approval of department supervisor on duty.
· Maintain food safety practices and follow all GMPs.
· Ensure that all products are returned to the coolers in a timely manner.
· Facilitate the use of dock space to minimize driver wait time.
· Document raw meat returns and coordinate the return to inventory process.
· Perform other duties as assigned by management.
· Comply with and ensure adherence to departmental Preferred Work Methods (PWMs).
· Conform to all safety rules and use all appropriate safety equipment.
· Holiday, Weekend and Overtime work required.
· Good attendance and adherence to work schedule.
· Adherence to all Good Manufacturing Practices, Company Policies and Safety procedures.
· This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
· High School Diploma or equivalent required
· 1-2 years clerical experience
· 1 year warehouse experience required
· Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
· Pallet jack (rider) experience required
Bilingual (English/Spanish) – preferred
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
FreshPoint is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time