Company: Sysco San Francisco
Zip Code: 94538
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
This is a Sales position responsible for increasing Case Penetraion and Profit Growth in assigned product category or categories (focused on Meat and Seafood). Account responsibility should be centered upon targeted accounts. Increased Case Penetration and Profit Growth will be accomplished through analysis of sales, history, training Marketing Associates, suggesting programs, direct sales contact with customers, working with Merchandising and Sales Departments, Brokers, Vendors, professional associations, Culinary Specialist and participating in sales and marketing activities. Will prioritize time, targets and efforts based on market insights and data analytics and drive communication and follow-up through Sysco 360. This position will prioritize time around 50 Target Customers per Quarter.
Sales and Merchandising
- Drives Center of the Plate (COP) sales opportunities by collaborating with Director of Business Resources, OpCo leadership and Merchandising management in developing successful sales strategy in growing profitable sales and meeting OpCo Profit Plan Goals.
- Leverages data to prioritize customer opportunity targets and customer interactions within the districts.
- Identify and focus on 50 target customers per quarter, tracking activity and results through Sysco360 CRM tool
- Facilitate COP growth by driving MA support through business reviews, customer insight encounters with targeted training and education.
- Schedule and manage category sales training of Marketing Associates in collaboration with the Director of Business Resources and Training Manager
- Develop and implement a sales/marketing plan for the selected categories consistent with the sales and profit (margin) objectives of the company
- Insure broker representation is substantive and measure results. Manage accountability of this resource.
- Prepares and presents products to meet the needs of the customer and takes a direct role in Sales and Piece growth on reviewed customers.
- Support Sysco Brand penetration through focused sales team and customer trainings.
- Provides feedback on product quality, product integrity, product mix, customer satisfaction, perceived value and competition.
- Works with assigned target districts and Marketing Associates, set goals with input from the VP of Sales, VP of Merchandising and the President
- Active involvement in all Sysco special events such as foods shows and sales meetings, external associations or industry events.
- Actively works with DSM’s top prospects, influenced by market analytics and transactional data, to convert sales to Sysco.
- Regularly conducts General Sales Meeting sessions
- Facilitates Corporate Sampling guidelines
- Records all sales support calls in Sysco360
- Responsible for working jointly with MA’s to get business as product is presented
- Develops and maintains relationships with customers, chefs and sales team members
Education and / or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor degree or equivalent combinations of experience and education in lieu of degree required.
- Previous food service sales or broker experience preferred
- Proficiency in center of the plate (meat and seafood) knowledge and trends required
- Foreign language skills a plus; bilingual English/Spanish
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license with a driving record that meets Company minimum standards
- Must maintain current automobile insurance requirements
Integrity & Accountability
- Speaks and acts with complete honesty and trustworthiness.
- Owns mistakes and promptly addresses them.
Flexibility & Adaptability
- Promptly adjusts to new circumstances and modifies approach.
- Demonstrates openness to changes and ideas.
- Challenges status quo; identifies new approaches and spots untapped opportunities
Problem Solving and Decision making
- Anticipates and confronts issues and problems early on.
- Uses facts and selects approaches that will work and have the greatest impact.
Building Effective Relationships
- Proactively initiates connections with key stakeholders and team members. Responds to unexpected problems by encouraging dialogue; avoids volatile reactions and excessive criticism.
- Planning and Organizing: Must establish courses of action for self to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Contributing to Team Success: Associate participates as a member of a Team to help the Team accomplish its goals.
- Adaptability: Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting to new work structures, processes.
- Collaboration: Working effectively and collaborating with others, establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Customer Focus: Educates customers. Shares information with customers to build their understanding of issues and capabilities.
- Sets high standards of performance for self- assuming responsibility and accountability for the successful completion of assignments or tasks; self imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Must accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing a concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employeewill be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco San Francisco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time